The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.3.3 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

ChitownRC
New Busse Bash thread (old one too long)! - Printable Version

+- ChitownRC (https://www.chitownrc.com)
+-- Forum: Main Forums (https://www.chitownrc.com/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Bashers Forum (https://www.chitownrc.com/forum-11.html)
+--- Thread: New Busse Bash thread (old one too long)! (/thread-4537.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

New Busse Bash thread (old one too long)! - cr4sh_27 - 08-07-2007

^^ exactly

New Busse Bash thread (old one too long)! - Savyboy - 08-07-2007

Pretty interesting how this thread goes from Busse to the lot on Fridays.
Kinda also interesting how now everybody is at the oval and nobody is at the other end!
There is plenty of room to set up another one at the other end.
And it seems like everybody does what they want down there anyways thats why wrecks happen at the basher end.
No orginization down there!

Dom's main thing is if you buy a transponder from him for 45+tax for his LAP TIMER SYSTEM fine your good to go.
Dom has spent about $600.00 on the system to use it, and if ya buy a transponder great. Your good to GO!
He said this to everyone but most of you hear what you want to hear.
Then he can orginize the classes for different vehicles to run.
If you don't have a transponder and he is running the system YOU ARE A NO GO!
For running the oval.
We had one bad wreck that costed about $150 or more to fix.
And Dom let it go! Didn't make anybody pay for the damage!
We don't need to see another one.
And as far as the brakes. if you can't control the car or Whatever you bring to drive to make the corners smoothly.
You can run when the LAP system is not in use!
The oval is not a dragstrip.
All of the ones who have already bought the transponders don't use brakes in the corners due to we are not running so fast in to the corners to need them. This is called Throttle control! You can turn if you LAY OFF THE GAS EARLY ENOUGH!
Which if you do use the brakes in front of someone could cause a bad wreck and some $$$ for those who don't.
We are not out there to wreck stuff.

HERE IS THE BOTTOM LINE

If someone hits you and you stopped or braked in front of them and they can't stop in time to miss you and your car or ? gets totalled and you total theirs who's paying????
Probably no one and then the personal stuff will start . Like you @#$^$ a$$
" Can't you see I was braking?" and so on .
So we all know,
We are all not millionares to keep paying for broken Chit!
So before judging anything about Friday think what you would do if you caused a high $$$ wreck that you may have caused and someone told you to pay for it!!
Remember there is a whole lot more of the parking lot to play in out there.
Besides the oval!

New Busse Bash thread (old one too long)! - Czech-it-Out Graphics - 08-07-2007

it was a joke guys relax damn

New Busse Bash thread (old one too long)! - cr4sh_27 - 08-08-2007

Czech-it-Out Graphics Wrote:it was a joke guys relax damn

hes just upset cuz of how everything went down.
if they would have told that guy that he needs a transponder to race, in the beginning, that would have been fine.
the problem, is that it wasnt handled that way. you guys said that he couldnt race cuz he used his brakes. it wasnt until we made you feel like complete a$$holes, that you renigged that statement and said that he needed a transponder.
TRY TO CALL ME A LIAR...I DARE YOU!!

but thats all fine and good....at this point everyone is split on the issue. so, you guys can do your thing and the other 95% of the peeps that came over will be starting somethin new.

New Busse Bash thread (old one too long)! - cr4sh_27 - 08-08-2007

alright, so i really dont want this to go on any further than this because there is no need for hard feelings.

tim, ur right this thread is for the busse bash and its way off course....so yeah, it is what it is.

look for my new thread on a new bash spot.

New Busse Bash thread (old one too long)! - Czech-it-Out Graphics - 08-08-2007

this whole situation reminds me of some stuff that went on about a year ago. Aot of the guys that goto the track to just bash were on here complaining that racers are a$$holes and that they should be able to run on the track too etc. You see why guys that race get pissed when you are out bashing at the track? The oval guys may not be all that serious into racing just yet but they are out there trying to get some good laps in etc. Just the same when you goto LH and you are trying to put in some clean laps and you got guys in MT's or whatever doing back flips and landing in different lanes etc etc etc. When shit gets broke then everybody is pissed. So maybe now some guys will see where some of the guys that race are coming from now when they get pissed at the guys just bashing

New Busse Bash thread (old one too long)! - Thirdgen89GTA - 08-08-2007

Considering its a public parking lot, which none of us own no one really has a right to say who can and cannot run. The only previous time I've ever jumped on someone about behaviour is when they started trying to drag race RC's against 1:1 cars in the parking lot. That would have brought the cops down on us faster than anything else.

We do not own the parking lot, we are not officially sanctioned by Kohls to run there either. It is a bash, and no one has the right to deny someone a chance to run the oval. Dom may own the lap timer systems, but he doesn't own the pavement its sitting on. If you want to play race official, I suggest talking to Kohls and getting permission to run there. Don't forget the liability insurance that Kohls will require too. Only then will someone have authority to say who can and cannot run.

The incident with the Tboned cars was because someone cut ACROSS the lane when people were running the oval. Which is not the same as touching during a lap. Racing involves adjusting to the traffic around you, if you are truly faster you will still win. If laptime is your only concern then run it SCCA Solo style, 1 car on the track at a time, aka qualifying. Drive around the slower cars, they are slower, you will pass them, even lap them. Its what every other professional race driver deals with. Take a look at LeMans racing, multiple car classes on the course at the same time. GT1, GT2, P1, P2, those drivers deal with slower, less capable cars on the track without an issue.

The sad part in all this is that I wasn't even running that night, just watching. I was upset because someone ELSE wasn't being allowed to run, and given 15 minutes instead of a 10 second shotgun decision he would have cleaned up his stuff and run without issue.

New Busse Bash thread (old one too long)! - kavvika - 08-11-2007

Hey guys, my name is Dave. I'm 19 and have been into this hobby for about a year now. Currently I have a project Rustler, soon to be brushless, and a graphite-chassis 4-tec. I was out jumping my Rusty this afternoon by pioneer park when I heard a distinct nitro whine. I ended up meeting a guy and his son who were out taking their REVO for a quick spin. We chatted for a bit and he told me about a groups that gets together every Sunday at noon to bash and race down at bussee woods and directed me here. I'm really interested in meeting up with you guys since I really only bash alone. I believe I have work tomorrow, but will it be going on then? Or is there anyone else that lives my me that I can meet up with to bash with? I live right next to Pioneer Park.

New Busse Bash thread (old one too long)! - Ponch - 08-11-2007

Welcome Dave!

I'm pretty sure they'll be bashing tomorrow...Swing by on your lunch break or somthing, lol.

New Busse Bash thread (old one too long)! - kavvika - 08-12-2007

Sounds good! I'm working a short shift so I only get a half hour lunch, but when I get off at 2 I'll stop by. I assume it'll still be going on then?

New Busse Bash thread (old one too long)! - Tex - 08-12-2007

it goes until mid late afternoon or even until dark if I'm not mistaken.

New Busse Bash thread (old one too long)! - Astro - 08-12-2007

What town ya in Dave???? AH??? If so I can direct you to a bash site or two and hook ya up with a few of us who race/bash and just have a goodtime.

New Busse Bash thread (old one too long)! - cr4sh_27 - 08-13-2007

kavvika Wrote:Sounds good! I'm working a short shift so I only get a half hour lunch, but when I get off at 2 I'll stop by. I assume it'll still be going on then?

i was out there till 5pm...
there were a couple new guys out there, dont know if you were 1 of them. if you were, i was the one doin the backflips with the losi eight.

not many peeps came out due to the heat, so sorry bout that. if ur interested...we get together every friday night on rt.83 in the kohls parking lot. it usually kicks off at 9-10pm and lasts till bout 2-4am. more peeps come out because its cooler out.
you're more than welcome to stop out.

New Busse Bash thread (old one too long)! - kavvika - 08-14-2007

Astro: Yup, I live in Arlington Heights one block north of Pioneer park. That would be sweet! I'm always up for bashing with new people!

Cr4sh: I was one of the new guys. I was wearing the grey Panthers shirt and driving the E-Rusty. Didn't know there were other new guys out there other than me though. You took awhile to get your 8ight running right? Something about your exhaust gasket was too thick? IIRC, you had a orangish body on your buggy. But, dang, you grabbed some huge air that day! I know exactly where that Kohls is, I'll for sure be there. They let you run Nitro that late?

I'll bring my 4-tec out there too. Anyone up for a drag race? Haha, I'll prolly get beat but I'm for it!

New Busse Bash thread (old one too long)! - cr4sh_27 - 08-14-2007

yeah, i had to install new motor mounts, front drive cv, motor, and somethin else. i was in no big hurry cuz it was so damn hot.

i didnt have a problem with the buggy...i just converted it to bump box start and i dont own a bumpbox lol....so it was a pain in the butt tryin to get it to work on other peeps starters....i finally got it though....thanks to all the help i got from timmy, mike, tony and all.

but yeah, we run all night at kohls...stop on out. more peeps come to that due to the weather bein a lil more bareable.

New Busse Bash thread (old one too long)! - kavvika - 08-15-2007

Cr4sh, how quick would you say your 8ight is on grass? I've never seen an R/C that quick before. 40? 45? I have a Mamba Max on the way for my Rusty and soon-to-arrive RS4 MT so hopefully I can keep up with some of you guys off road.

New Busse Bash thread (old one too long)! - cr4sh_27 - 08-15-2007

kavvika Wrote:Cr4sh, how quick would you say your 8ight is on grass? I've never seen an R/C that quick before. 40? 45? I have a Mamba Max on the way for my Rusty and soon-to-arrive RS4 MT so hopefully I can keep up with some of you guys off road.

lol thanks. 53mph in the grass and 61-63 on road. but thats with a crappy axial in it. it'll be faster once i get the os v-spec .21 for it.

its all in the gearing

New Busse Bash thread (old one too long)! - J-Dub - 08-15-2007

63, that's pretty sick. I take it you sacrifice some low-end for that speed crash?

New Busse Bash thread (old one too long)! - Thirdgen89GTA - 08-15-2007

J-Dub Wrote:63, that's pretty sick. I take it you sacrifice some low-end for that speed crash?

No, the axial has much more mid-range torque, even though the powerband falls off fast, it still makes a little more power than a Vspec.

For an offroad engine a good .28 always makes more power than a good .21. Displacement. The powerbands tend to be more peaky though with quicker fall offs, but they make more power just about every except for getting past 30 or 35krpm. But even then the .21 offroads fall of the power band quickly after that.

The trade off is fuel economy, I haven't seen a .28+ that doesn't gobble up fuel. My Rossi 528xr made tons of power and would pull some insane RPM. With a 15t clutchbell it had seen 57mph in a nearly 11lb LSP-R truggy with tons of KHZ on it. When I put it in the Jammin truggy, which is much lighter it was far faster.

Still, if I was nice to it, I could eek out 7 to 8 minutes a tank, and balls to the wall in an open field I could guzzle a 150cc tank in 5m or less.

There comes a point though when there is too much power for a track, and the extra power is wasted because it can't be put to the ground. Which is why good .21s are so popular, even in the Truggy classes. Fuel economy is a big bonus.

Course, for bashing, I really don't care about how long the tank lasts, so its a hot mod 528xr in my Jammin CRT. SmileConfusedmash:

j-dub, off the line punch is still pretty good ....but not as good as if i had a 13 tooth clutch bell per say. my problem is that i have it geared so tall that i have to run it pretty rich so that when im gettin into the top end....its still pullin enough fuel to not lean itself out.

thirdgen
im not runnin the .28 im runnin the .32 that i had in my dm-1. fuel eco. is terrible, im only gettin bout 8 mins run time per tank.

gearing like this does have a serious draw back though. i dont know if any of you remember my thread when i was askin bout smokin my exhaust gaskets, but thats what is causing that problem. it burns so much fuel at such a high rate that the it fry's the header. i and trust me, i dont let the engine get over 220-230 degrees.

cr4sh_27 Wrote:j-dub, off the line punch is still pretty good ....but not as good as if i had a 13 tooth clutch bell per say. my problem is that i have it geared so tall that i have to run it pretty rich so that when im gettin into the top end....its still pullin enough fuel to not lean itself out.

thirdgen
im not runnin the .28 im runnin the .32 that i had in my dm-1. fuel eco. is terrible, im only gettin bout 8 mins run time per tank.

gearing like this does have a serious draw back though. i dont know if any of you remember my thread when i was askin bout smokin my exhaust gaskets, but thats what is causing that problem. it burns so much fuel at such a high rate that the it fry's the header. i and trust me, i dont let the engine get over 220-230 degrees.

I was generalizing between the .21's and truggy sized engines.

^^gotcha

New Busse Bash thread (old one too long)! - Ponch - 08-15-2007

Just for reference, 8ight w/ 13/48 gearing, vspec, jp3, no body but has wing, will get up right around 50 on dry pavement...

New Busse Bash thread (old one too long)! - Czech-it-Out Graphics - 08-15-2007

Thirdgen89GTA Wrote:, it still makes a little more power than a Vspec.

You are on Crack

Czech-it-Out Graphics Wrote:You are on Crack

If you want to sling insults I can do it all day long. However, attacking the person making the argument, doesn't validate your own argument.

An engine with 1/3rd less displacement isn't going to make as much mid-range torque. It may make similar Peak HP numbers if it was measured on a SAE corrected dyno (not that the RC industry has such a thing)

Increased displacement makes more power.

Wanna pit a OS Speed Vspec against a hot mod 528xr? Bet the 528xr trashes the vspec, and it costs less too.

Its all about trade offs, fuel economy vs power. At a point the power is superfluous though. When there is more on-tap than the tires can effectively put down then the power advantage does nothing, and fuel economy wins. This is the case with Buggies, and in some cases Truggies as well.