The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.3.3 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

ChitownRC
New Busse Bash thread (old one too long)! - Printable Version

+- ChitownRC (https://www.chitownrc.com)
+-- Forum: Main Forums (https://www.chitownrc.com/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Bashers Forum (https://www.chitownrc.com/forum-11.html)
+--- Thread: New Busse Bash thread (old one too long)! (/thread-4537.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

New Busse Bash thread (old one too long)! - cr4sh_27 - 07-23-2007

R.F.D 2007 Wrote:Brushless and Lipo is all I have to say !!!

yep........a whole lotta cash

New Busse Bash thread (old one too long)! - SaVaGe_DuDe - 07-23-2007

cr4sh_27 Wrote:yep........a whole lotta cash

agreed! rob spends more money one his electrics than we do on our nitros! hahaha!

New Busse Bash thread (old one too long)! - cr4sh_27 - 07-23-2007

SaVaGe_DuDe Wrote:agreed! rob spends more money one his electrics than we do on our nitros! hahaha!

yep....but to all the battery guys out there, much love for electrics!!

i just love the sounds and smell of nitro

New Busse Bash thread (old one too long)! - SaVaGe_DuDe - 07-23-2007

cr4sh_27 Wrote:yep....but to all the battery guys out there, much love for electrics!!

i just love the sounds and smell of nitro

ditto again! theres plenty of electrics out that that would wipe the field with our nitros. but to each man his own!Confusedalute:

New Busse Bash thread (old one too long)! - Thirdgen89GTA - 07-24-2007

I worked out the price difference once.

Starting off with a roller buggy, about $550 for a pro kit of some kind (averaging the price out)

Nitro:
  • $550 - Pro kit
  • $270 - Nova P5x
  • $80 - good pipe/header'
  • $102 - Clutchbell/bearings/shoes for a year)
  • $30 - CNC 1pc engine mount (must protect engine, cracked 3 blocks without one of these, never again)
  • $80 - two decent servos (non digital)
  • $300 - 12 gallons of fuel (spread over a year)
Total: $1412

Electric:
  • $550 - Pro kit
  • $40 - electric motor conversion mount http://www.rc-monster.com
  • $280 - ESC
  • $280 - Motor
  • $30 - pinions (including spares/different sizes)
  • $20 - plastic spurs (hold up better than metal spurs with electric, cheaper to replace too)
  • $40 - Steering Servo
  • $130 - 4s 4000mah lipo.
  • $130 - Charger for lipos.
Total: $1500

Electric is more expensive to be sure, but the electric systems I put in there are the equivilent of dropping a modded 528xr into a buggy. Stupid fast, and I do mean stupid fast.

Both will be fast though, easy 60mph machines when geared for it.

When you add in the cost of fuel/maintaining a nitro it balances out in the end. Electric has a higher startup cost, but nitro costs more to keep up. I could have chosen cheaper electronics for the electric side and dropped about $100 off the price. Same can be said for Nitro. Eitherway, building a top end nitro, or a top end electric will cost an arm and a leg.

New Busse Bash thread (old one too long)! - SaVaGe_DuDe - 07-24-2007

well put bill!

New Busse Bash thread (old one too long)! - Thirdgen89GTA - 07-24-2007

The Hyper 1/7 is getting converted to electric soon. Planned budget is about $500 for the conversion.

Followed by the CRT eventually.

The buggy and IGT will remain gas for now. 2 nitros, 2 electrics.

New Busse Bash thread (old one too long)! - SaVaGe_DuDe - 07-30-2007

ok well, after yesterday, i thought i only blew a front diff. lol i was wrong.

blown front pinion
blown front ring
bent both front dogbones to hell right at the end
snapped my front left suspension arm right by the diff
stripped rear wheel hexes, fronts are giving in slowly too

fixes made:

suspension arm=jb-welb Confusedmash:
took the front diff out, yay, an lrp powered rear wheel drive savage!Confusedalute:
pinon, ring and dogbones thrown away.

need to buy:
ring gear, pinion gear, 17mm hexes, the larger flanged nuts, new rims, HD dogbones and eventually a new suspension arm.

New Busse Bash thread (old one too long)! - Ponch - 07-30-2007

SaVaGe_DuDe Wrote:need to buy:
ring gear, pinion gear, 17mm hexes, the larger flanged nuts, new rims, HD dogbones and eventually a new suspension arm.

Lmao...The cheapest thing, a suspension arm, "eventually!" Hahahaha

New Busse Bash thread (old one too long)! - SaVaGe_DuDe - 07-30-2007

hahah well yea.... "eventually" i ,mean i rigged it up lol. it was jsu a small crack and splits at the hole where the hinge pin goes through. put a slab of jb-weld on that area, let it sit overnight and its looking good. :-D

BTW, lol who can predect what a savage with an lrp .28 AND A COMPLETLEY EMPTY FRONT END will look like? hehehehe.

New Busse Bash thread (old one too long)! - cr4sh_27 - 07-31-2007

SaVaGe_DuDe Wrote:ok well, after yesterday, i thought i only blew a front diff. lol i was wrong.

blown front pinion
blown front ring
bent both front dogbones to hell right at the end
snapped my front left suspension arm right by the diff
stripped rear wheel hexes, fronts are giving in slowly too

fixes made:

suspension arm=jb-welb Confusedmash:
took the front diff out, yay, an lrp powered rear wheel drive savage!Confusedalute:
pinon, ring and dogbones thrown away.

need to buy:

so i take it you will be coming to see me at al's lol.

is this the damage that happened friday night when kierre decided to cross the track in front of every1. i couldnt beleive he did that.
that poor electric car got annihalated...whole front end was cashed

New Busse Bash thread (old one too long)! - SaVaGe_DuDe - 07-31-2007

haha, no, its not. this is after a day at busse. got a few backflips in, more than a few bad landings, and bad hits at the ramp. so it was all coming. if i do go to al's itll be either thursday or friday when i get my paycheck. so hold a ring, pinon, and dogbones for me rob!

New Busse Bash thread (old one too long)! - R.F.D 2007 - 07-31-2007

I was being daring , and thought I could get thur before the on-road guys came . I was wrong , and Im sorry for the damage I caused to the Allum E-maxx . I thougt my truck was broken , I won't be at the races no more !!!
Thats for buggys and truggys only .

New Busse Bash thread (old one too long)! - cr4sh_27 - 08-01-2007

R.F.D 2007 Wrote:I was being daring , and thought I could get thur before the on-road guys came . I was wrong , and Im sorry for the damage I caused to the Allum E-maxx . I thougt my truck was broken , I won't be at the races no more !!!
Thats for buggys and truggys only .

aww c'mon now bro...you made a mistake....tis ok, chit happens!!!:poke:

no reason not to come out....look at all the chit i trashed out there!!:lol:

after all......it is a BASH SPOT LOL!!:headbang:

YOU BETTER BE COMIN BACK OUTConfusedlap:

New Busse Bash thread (old one too long)! - SaVaGe_DuDe - 08-02-2007

nah, he means he wont bother with the oval. hahaha and i say ovals are over-rated!! lol, why not make it a triangle? or a square! :-P

New Busse Bash thread (old one too long)! - R.F.D 2007 - 08-04-2007

Hey u see im done with bashing , im racing only for now on like back in the day !

New Busse Bash thread (old one too long)! - cr4sh_27 - 08-05-2007

SaVaGe_DuDe Wrote:nah, he means he wont bother with the oval. hahaha and i say ovals are over-rated!! lol, why not make it a triangle? or a square! :-P

ill tell you what....after the chit that the elctric guys and timmy pulled this friday...im not hittin the friday night bash spot anymore.

how are you gonna tell someone that they cant race with you cuz they use their breaks? i felt so bad for that dude....what did they expect him to sit in the corner and kick rocks.

last time i checked, bash spots were bout every1 gettin together to race, chill, see some cool ideas, meet new peeps and what ever.
yeah, i understand that ol-boy was pissed cuz of kierre's mistake that cost the 150. But dont, be an ass and tell some1 they cant race because he uses his breaks in the corner. if ur so worried bout breakin ur toys...keep'em on the shelf!!

New Busse Bash thread (old one too long)! - slaytanic - 08-05-2007

Yeah I have to admit it kinda ruined it for me. I looked forward to it all week gettin my ride ready to be told I cant run. Then my engine blows. By the way, I was using my brakes because I just put in a new servo and was trying to get them adjusted.

New Busse Bash thread (old one too long)! - cr4sh_27 - 08-06-2007

slaytanic Wrote:Yeah I have to admit it kinda ruined it for me. I looked forward to it all week gettin my ride ready to be told I cant run. Then my engine blows. By the way, I was using my brakes because I just put in a new servo and was trying to get them adjusted.

yeah bro that was gay. that was an embarrassment. i wasnt about to be a part of that bs, so i just left. dont worry bout it though, i ordered 3 sets of track to make a road course that ill be settin up out there, so you and ANYONE, regardless of driving style, will be welcome.

no need to explain yourself...drive however it suits you.

yeah, i heard bout ur engine poppin...it was runnin pretty sweet b4 i left. sux though.
anyways, if you need another engine,send me a pm. ive got a couple that are just collecting dust right now. i ordered a mario rossi tuned ninja 21 for my dm-1, and when i can flip the coin, ill be pickin up a v-spec 21 for the buggy. so i have no use for the 2 that i have...give you 1 cheap

New Busse Bash thread (old one too long)! - Ponch - 08-06-2007

Man that is ghey...They wouldn't let you race cuz you WERE using brakes in the turns? wtf?

New Busse Bash thread (old one too long)! - cr4sh_27 - 08-06-2007

Ponch Wrote:Man that is ghey...They wouldn't let you race cuz you WERE using brakes in the turns? wtf?

not me....but yeah, the guy told him that he didnt want him to race cuz if he brkes in front of him, he didnt want to crash into him....i was like, well wtf...learn how to drive then!
so their argument was that there are other sections of the parking lot you can run on. well no chit a$$hole, but everyone is here.

i dunno, like i said, that chit isnt right. so, when all my stuff is in Ill be settin up a new bash spot that several peeps showed interest in already. this spot will be a true bash spot where it doesnt matter that you werent born with a controller in your hand....everyone is welcome as long as you show some common sence,as far as safety issues go.

New Busse Bash thread (old one too long)! - slaytanic - 08-06-2007

Its nice to see that people still know what a bash is about. I would love to have a hi dollar onroad car to run there but with 2 kids I can only afford to keep one running. Where is your new spot that you scoped out? I'll hit it for sure if I can get away from the family for a few hours. I don't have any hard feelings about Friday nite though. Just a little bummed. Not everyone is reckless. I can't afford to break my chit!LOL

New Busse Bash thread (old one too long)! - timmi79 - 08-07-2007

Rob-

I am glad to hear you are doing that. I spent all week getting my on road ready for last friday just to get a call from bill telling me this bull.

I simply stayed home instead. I am def up for helping get your setup going. Anything i can do?

New Busse Bash thread (old one too long)! - Czech-it-Out Graphics - 08-07-2007

hmm bashers racing? what is this world coming to! lol

New Busse Bash thread (old one too long)! - Thirdgen89GTA - 08-07-2007

Czech-it-Out Graphics Wrote:hmm bashers racing? what is this world coming to! lol

Not the same, think more open practice with much less restrictions on what can be run. Don't care, wanna run a savage? Go ahead, truggy, buggy, nitro, electric...no classes, just fun.

Run what you brung. A savage could be put up against a 8th scale onroad, not that I'd bring an 8th onroad if had one, the surface would cause more problems than getting runover by a savage would. But rally game cars such as the IGT, GTP, Hyper 1/7, DM-1, will probably run the best. 10th scale, 8th scale, don't really care.