ChitownRC
World Cup - Printable Version

+- ChitownRC (https://www.chitownrc.com)
+-- Forum: Open Forums (https://www.chitownrc.com/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic (https://www.chitownrc.com/forum-14.html)
+--- Thread: World Cup (/thread-3817.html)

World Cup - FreeRideFrosty - 06-14-2006

Anyone else watching it??

I was really pulling for Poland against Germany. They played strong the whole game and gave up a goal on a cross into the 90th minute. (Stoppage Time) I guess I can at least hope that the US can forget about the loss to the Czechs and stick it to Italy.....

World Cup - UE-Maxx - 06-14-2006

I have been watching it the last couple of days and just watched Poland take a defeit(sp) to Germany.

Soccer is my favorite sport.

It just sucks seeing all of the great saves Boruc was making through the whole game, Poland takes a Red card (that shouldn't have been a red card IMO) and then after the 90 minutes it falls apart. Oh well.... they played amazing. I just hope the US doesn't play like they played the Czechs....

World Cup - rocco79 - 06-14-2006

I personally couldnt care less about soccer....

World Cup - kevinF - 06-14-2006

im with rocco................i dont care for soccer, but im glad the u.s. finally joined in

traxxas thrasher Wrote:im with rocco................i dont care for soccer, but im glad the u.s. finally joined in

What do you mean that they finally joined in?? They have been in for years....:confused:

didnt the U.S. just join in recently for the world cup??

Ummmm... no. Heck it was '92 or '96 that the US hosted the WC. (I have the hat somewhere) They were in before that....

then i dont know...........I heard something on the news but guess I heard wrong.....oh well

traxxas... Hes in euro cars, sports ect... Will never understand! LOL!!!!

lol

LMAO!! I can't argue with that. Heck I know german and a few select words in polish too... LoL

I was watching some fact thing on TV. It was either a commercial or w/e, but it was saying something about how many people watch what.

It was like
I don't know what it was, but it named a lot of different things like the world series and tennis and such and the world cup had the highest number of viewers at I think 32 BILLION.

World Cup - thenewguy821 - 06-14-2006

FreeRideJunkie Wrote:Ummmm... no. Heck it was '92 or '96 that the US hosted the WC. (I have the hat somewhere) They were in before that....

As little as I care for Soccer, it may seem odd that I actually know that the US sponsered the World Cup in '96.

The ONLY way I know this, is I used to work at a German Microbrewery, and we hosted the German Soccer team. That was a $$$$$$$$ week. It was nothing to leave the bar with $300+ cash a night.

UE-Maxx Wrote:It was like
I don't know what it was, but it named a lot of different things like the world series and tennis and such and the world cup had the highest number of viewers at I think 32 BILLION.

The world can like its all they want... Its not for me...

I am just saying. I am not trying to start anything here. We all have what sports we like to watch and not.