ChitownRC
LST had anodized shock bodies - Printable Version

+- ChitownRC (https://www.chitownrc.com)
+-- Forum: Tech Forums (https://www.chitownrc.com/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: Chassis / Suspension (https://www.chitownrc.com/forum-18.html)
+--- Thread: LST had anodized shock bodies (/thread-3602.html)

LST had anodized shock bodies - Obsessive R/C - 05-17-2006

I am having a problem with threading the stock blue aluminum caps onto the Losi hard anodized theaded shock bodies. The caps will only thread on about 2 turns and then they bind. (almost like the anodizing changed the thread thickness) I would think they should thread on smoothly and completely down...has anyone else experienced this issue?

LST had anodized shock bodies - squirrel - 05-17-2006

Ano is kinda thick, so try and wire brush/wheel the ano off of the threads and you should be fine.

LST had anodized shock bodies - BottledBeast - 05-17-2006

what he said

LST had anodized shock bodies - Tex - 05-18-2006

sounds like something isn't right Jerry

LST had anodized shock bodies - Obsessive R/C - 05-18-2006

Yeah, it's not just one...it's the same on all four.

LST had anodized shock bodies - Blown5.0 - 05-18-2006

Check over at lstcentral.com and see what they say.

LST had anodized shock bodies - 7THGENDMAN - 05-18-2006

something is definetly wrong Jerry... I had no problem when I switched over to the threaded bodies on my LST. Not sure whats going on, but it doesn't sound good. Have you tried other caps???

LST had anodized shock bodies - Tex - 05-18-2006

even if the threading is different from the spring caps(aka retainer nut) to the shock bodies they will screw on like 1-2 rotations and then bind. I bet the threading is different.

LST had anodized shock bodies - Obsessive R/C - 05-18-2006

Just didn't seem right...Hard ano threaded bodies are supposed to be an upgrade for stock shocks, but they didn't mention changing caps. LST 2 comes stock with threaded bodies but has plastic caps?

LST had anodized shock bodies - chitownracerLST - 06-16-2006

I had the same problem. I bought new caps when I bought the threaded shock bodies & none of them worked. I had to use the old caps that came with the stock LST shock bodies. Those went on just fine.

I guess that's why Losi used plastic caps on the LST2 ?? Go figure!!

LST had anodized shock bodies - Obsessive R/C - 06-16-2006

I'm still debating on keeping the shocks, I went back to the stock bodies for now and haven't really gotten a chance to see if I like the set-up or not. I snapped a shock shaft at Berwyn and haven't driven the trruck since.

LST had anodized shock bodies - thenewguy821 - 06-16-2006

Jerry, From what a few of the guys on LSTCentral said, for some reason the aluminum (stock) caps would only screw on a couple threads. The LST2 plastic shock caps have been plenty durable, and screw onto the threaded bodies perfectly. Actually, a lot of the people there have switched to the plastic caps on both the treaded and stock shocks....

LST had anodized shock bodies - Obsessive R/C - 06-17-2006

That's probably what I will end up doing...thanks guys.