ChitownRC
Race an E-Maxx? - Printable Version

+- ChitownRC (https://www.chitownrc.com)
+-- Forum: Main Forums (https://www.chitownrc.com/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Racers Forum (https://www.chitownrc.com/forum-9.html)
+--- Thread: Race an E-Maxx? (/thread-3438.html)

Race an E-Maxx? - jhautz - 04-26-2006

Is there anywhere in the chicago area that I can race my e-maxx. I have been bashing for years, but never raced. If I start I probably will get hooked quick, But I don't want to go out and start buying new equipment just to try it out?

So... Is there anywhere that has a class that I can race an e-maxx? Its modified w/ brushless so it should be able to be at least repectable among the nitros. Only question is runtime. How long are the heat races? I only get 12-14 minutes from a good set of batts.

Race an E-Maxx? - Czech-it-Out Graphics - 04-26-2006

u can prolly race it at LH with the standard mt's the quals are 5 minutes and the a main is 15 b is 10

Race an E-Maxx? - Tex - 04-26-2006

I would bring it out to Leisure I bet they would let it run with the nitros because it's brushless, I could be wrong though. Definitely bring it out to a few practices before you come race. IMO

Welcome to the board Smile

Race an E-Maxx? - jhautz - 04-27-2006

Cool... I was actually planning on heading out there on the next elecrtic practice night just to get a feel for driving a real track rather than a makeshift yard track. I hear that the electric practice nights are pretty dead. (altough some of the yard tracks are pretty good). While I'm out for a practice night I'll ask them what class I can run in.

Is there anything I need to know about frequencies and such before I head out there. I am running Spektrum so I am guessing it shouldnt be a problem. (right?)

Are there any other tracks around the chicago area? I know there used to be one in Libertyville and one in Tinley Park, but both of them seem to have disapeared. Joliet is kind of a LOOOOONG ride for me on a Tuesday night. (I work in Vernon Hills and live in chicago) Anything up north more?

Race an E-Maxx? - Traxxas_Junkee - 04-27-2006

You will be fine with spectrum.

Race an E-Maxx? - Ponch - 04-27-2006

jhautz Wrote:Is there anything I need to know about frequencies and such before I head out there. I am running Spektrum so I am guessing it shouldnt be a problem. (right?)

If you have Spek you'll be fine. No worries, just go out and plug and play.

Race an E-Maxx? - Tex - 04-27-2006

Leisure is the only option for you as of now.

Race an E-Maxx? - jhautz - 04-28-2006

Anyone know of any good bashing spots up north more? The couple I know of are not the greatest. Pretty fltt and not much 'fun' stuff.

Race an E-Maxx? - maxximum_44 - 04-28-2006

How far up north? Suburbs?

Race an E-Maxx? - jhautz - 04-28-2006

I work in Vernon Hills and I would like to find a good place to bash in the evenings after work. I live in the city right by the loop so if there are any good spots around chicago that would be cool to.