ChitownRC
Anyone who thought teachers were smart, YOU'RE WRONG! - Printable Version

+- ChitownRC (https://www.chitownrc.com)
+-- Forum: Open Forums (https://www.chitownrc.com/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic (https://www.chitownrc.com/forum-14.html)
+--- Thread: Anyone who thought teachers were smart, YOU'RE WRONG! (/thread-3258.html)

Anyone who thought teachers were smart, YOU'RE WRONG! - Traxxas_Junkee - 04-05-2006

This one really wouldn't qualify as a smart one...

VENTURA, Calif. -- A teacher who kept a 40-mm artillery shell on his desk as a paperweight blew off part of his hand when he apparently used the ammunition to try and squash a bug, authorities say.

The 13-cm-long shell exploded Monday while Robert Colla was teaching 25 students at an adult education class.

Part of Colla's right hand was severed and he suffered severe burns and minor shrapnel wounds to his forearms and torso, fire Capt. Tom Weinell said.

No one else was injured.

He was reported in stable condition at a hospital.

Anyone who thought teachers were smart, YOU'RE WRONG! - Czech-it-Out Graphics - 04-05-2006

hahahahahha what a dumass

Anyone who thought teachers were smart, YOU'RE WRONG! - rocco79 - 04-05-2006

hmmmmm... I have a 40mm on my desk at work ( SERIOUSLY!!!).. I think that will be changing..

Naaaa, i just wont use it to squash bugs!

Anyone who thought teachers were smart, YOU'RE WRONG! - Czech-it-Out Graphics - 04-05-2006

i bet u try it lol

Anyone who thought teachers were smart, YOU'RE WRONG! - rocco79 - 04-05-2006

You know how many times ive dropped that thing and sucked it up with a shop vac??!?!?!?! More than ill ever admit!

Its a hallow point too ... Oh man

Anyone who thought teachers were smart, YOU'RE WRONG! - thenewguy821 - 04-05-2006

I would assume that the shell you have is a Dead round (Powder removed, false primer). I am just currious how and WHY he had a Live round....

Anyone who thought teachers were smart, YOU'RE WRONG! - rocco79 - 04-06-2006

uhh no.... It was left in my pocket after a day at the range and found it in there the next day at work

Anyone who thought teachers were smart, YOU'RE WRONG! - thenewguy821 - 04-06-2006

Well Excuuuuuse meeeee... lol Smile J/K

But seriously, what range were you shooting at that had a 40mm floating around? Or did you mean .40 caliber?

Anyone who thought teachers were smart, YOU'RE WRONG! - rocco79 - 04-06-2006

.40 cal.

Anyone who thought teachers were smart, YOU'RE WRONG! - Racin' Ranger1 - 04-06-2006

what a freakin retard

Anyone who thought teachers were smart, YOU'RE WRONG! - DAVEC-NITRO-RS4 - 04-06-2006

small diffrence there, RZ....10mm vs 40mm

All display ammo should be inert, witht hole drilled through the case to show there isn't powder in there, along with an indented, spent primer.

That teacher should be in jail for breaking the Weapon Free School Zone laws. California expelled a first grade student for forming a "gun" with his finger and thumb and pointing at another student. They claimed it showed intent to commit future violent behavior. Columbine still has people on edge 7 years later.

Anyone who thought teachers were smart, YOU'RE WRONG! - squirrel - 04-06-2006

As long as the students don't listen to metal music, play violent video games, or watch t.v. they will not commit future acts of violence! Nevermind the parents role in the childs future!

That teacher def gets the deetadee award!!

Anyone who thought teachers were smart, YOU'RE WRONG! - DAVEC-NITRO-RS4 - 04-06-2006

Too bad the principal can't shake his hand when he gives him the award !!!

And I thought teachers only shot off their mouth's !

Anyone who thought teachers were smart, YOU'RE WRONG! - BJoe - 04-07-2006

I read about this elsewere, guess Lefty here found the shell hunting a few years back and thought it was a dud, so he used it as a paperweight. I'm not too sure which is scarier, the fact he's a teacher, or if him being a hunter was true, that he's also a gun owner:eek: