ChitownRC
My New Ride - Printable Version

+- ChitownRC (https://www.chitownrc.com)
+-- Forum: Main Forums (https://www.chitownrc.com/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Racers Forum (https://www.chitownrc.com/forum-9.html)
+--- Thread: My New Ride (/thread-2959.html)

My New Ride - PoPRC - 03-11-2006

Alrighty, here it is. The new Nitro RS4 Evo 3! I got it from Leisure last night.

[Image: IMG_6305.jpg]
[Image: IMG_6302.jpg]
[Image: IMG_6301.jpg]
[Image: IMG_6300.jpg]
[Image: IMG_6297.jpg]
[Image: IMG_6295.jpg]
[Image: IMG_6290.jpg]
[Image: IMG_6289.jpg]

My New Ride - dirtguy90 - 03-11-2006

nice car! looks tite
have you driven it yet?

My New Ride - PoPRC - 03-11-2006

nope not yet, wanted to today cause its so nice outside. But I got stuff to do.

My New Ride - DAVEC-NITRO-RS4 - 03-11-2006

Let me know if want to buy more tires...I have some of the HPI Advan A038 belted tires that I bought too many of.

I really like that shell. It's very race ready shaped.

My New Ride - RCDad - 03-11-2006

If you plan to race invest in some Nitro Shoes foam tires. 45 for the back 40 for the front. You can get them from hong kong pretty reasonable.

My New Ride - Nexus - 03-15-2006

Your car looks nice.

But like the previous post said....Buy some nitro foams if you plan to bash or race. Just about any brand is good Jaco, GQ, Twister, ect, ect. Most nitro foams are pretty cheap and can be bought locally instead of from overseas.

I only race and don't really ever bash but the same principles apply to setup.

My New Ride - DAVEC-NITRO-RS4 - 03-15-2006

Anthony, on the subject of foams on ashphalt..do you run with traction compound?

My New Ride - Nexus - 03-15-2006

DAVEC-NITRO-RS4 Wrote:Anthony, on the subject of foams on ashphalt..do you run with traction compound?

Most of the time we raced outdoors it was pretty warm and the track temperature was even hotter so I did not always use it.

But if you do use it make sure you really wipe it off after you coat the tires for 5-10 minutes.

My New Ride - PoPRC - 03-15-2006

Nexus Wrote:Your car looks nice.

But like the previous post said....Buy some nitro foams if you plan to bash or race. Just about any brand is good Jaco, GQ, Twister, ect, ect. Most nitro foams are pretty cheap and can be bought locally instead of from overseas.

I only race and don't really ever bash but the same principles apply to setup.

Thanks, I like it alot. Handles pretty good for being bone stock with little in the way of setup capability. I need to get CVDs, driveshafts and adjustable turnbuckles. Those will be my first upgrades.

+1 on the adjustable links. Forgot my SS came with those.

My New Ride - PoPRC - 03-15-2006

Yeah I was suprised to see that the evo didnt come with at least cheap adjustable turnbuckles. Its just got solid ones.

They are true entry level sedans. But easy to afford and reasonable to modify. It's not like dropping $500 on a Kyosho V-One and then another $500 on motor/pipe/servos to get it running. We like ours now, but I'll proly get the itch to move up once We race them.