The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.3.3 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

ChitownRC
traxxas does it again - Printable Version

+- ChitownRC (https://www.chitownrc.com)
+-- Forum: Main Forums (https://www.chitownrc.com/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Racers Forum (https://www.chitownrc.com/forum-9.html)
+--- Thread: traxxas does it again (/thread-2744.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

traxxas does it again - Michowski - 02-21-2006

Well ladies and gentlemen. Go to http://www.traxxas.com. They are releasing a new version of the revo. Comes with a 30mm chassis extension, An all new trx 3.3 race engine, and a center differential with front and rear breaks. What a race season its going to be.

traxxas does it again - maxximum_44 - 02-21-2006

looks good, glad I held out. Can't wait to see that 3.3 engine ripSmile

traxxas does it again - DAVEC-NITRO-RS4 - 02-21-2006

In what class will it run?????

See what happens when Savage gets voted Truck of the Year. Traxxas fights back with a Ruggy.

it comes with the standard transmission, the center diff is an optional part. If you run the center diff you should be in umt class, standard revo trans in the smt class.

It looks like tech inspection for Revo's will be required to spot "sleeper" diff's.

i asked cartlon, head for the rc pro series about what class this truck can be in. When he responds to me il let you all know.

well according to what people are saying on the grid it will be completly legal to race the revo with the center diff in the standard mt class at the pro series. Even with the new motor and center diff it will be allowed to race in standard mt class. What a fun summer its gonna be.

well this truck is still going to remain in the standard mt class. Unless you have a big block and are at least 9.5 pounds you will be in unlimited. Standard mt class will never be the same now. i already got my part numbers for everything to order.

Michowski Wrote:.... Unless you have a big block and are at least 9.5 pounds you will be in unlimited. .....

Ryan,

Does that statement mean big blocks over 9.5 pounds are UMT? or what?

nevermind that comment. I was busy reading 1000 things at once.

RCP rules state:

Minimum weight - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - .12ci to .18ci Small blocks: 2750grams (~6 pounds), .15 to .28 Big blocks: 4300 grams (~9.5 pounds)
It also states ".15 to .28 Big blocks: 4300 grams (~9.5 pounds)"

The words "big blocks" is the key. The TRX 3.3 is not a big block.

traxxas does it again - Ponch - 02-21-2006

Dave, I think that meant in just revos, because savvys are mostly above 9.5 lbs and have BB's in them

the .20 traxxas 3.3 engine is still a smallblock

DAVEC-NITRO-RS4 Wrote:Ryan,

Does that statement mean big blocks over 9.5 pounds are UMT? or what?

I was reading about if its considered a big block or small block and was thinking about the center diff. It just means the 3.3 is considered a small block.

J/w, do you think it'd be better to sell the current revo and buy the new one?

dunno. Only difference compared to the new 3.3 revo vs a 2.5 revo is that the 3.3 has the new engine, p2 rockers, 30mm extended chassis, and wide ratio gears installed. Other then those 4 things its the same truck. The center diff is an optional peice and you have to buy that seperatly from the truck.

SO, in RCpro Series, big block Revos must weigh at least 9.5 lbs. Got it. The new SB3.3 can go as low as 6lbs.

But 2 speeds CANNOT race UMT class. SO no matter how wicked you make a Revo, if it keeps the 2 speed trans, it runs MT.

DAVEC-NITRO-RS4 Wrote:But 2 speeds CANNOT race UMT class. SO no matter how wicked you make a Revo, if it keeps the 2 speed trans, it runs MT.

Yup so no matter what engine you have in your revo and the weight it wont matter because of the 2 speed center diff.

That's no fair....I hoped the Ruggy would have to race in UMT. There's no hope for me anymore....anyone wanna buy a 94358z steering servo and some Boa C's? All brand new....

kidding...

You can get the center diff for yourself for 60 bucks, and for the motor you can trade in your 2.5 and get the 3.3 for 135 shipped.

i want the tires and servo. How much? im not kidding.

traxxas does it again - destroy_my_revo_15 - 02-21-2006

good thing i held out on buying a new 2.5r. now its gonna be a 3.3 and TNT modded! look out smt class lol j/k

traxxas does it again - kevinF - 02-21-2006

same here im buying that 3.3 now.

hmmmmmmmmmmm maybe I should take my 2.5 and put gasoline in there w/o oil and lean that sucker outBig Grin hehe j/k

I told my dad that maybe I should do that and he looked at me like WTF is wrong with you.

Michowski Wrote:...i want the tires and servo. How much? im not kidding.

Servo was $86
Boa's were $46

nah, I'll keep going as planned and just get my ass handed to me once a month by you and everyone else.

I'm parting out possibly. What would bring in more money? Part the truck, or do one big auction? I think parting out, with simple auctions (nothing special, 1 pic)

traxxas does it again - rocco79 - 02-21-2006

Wow... Just when i thought i might be able to tread water

traxxas does it again - dentguy92 - 02-21-2006

Rocco your FU$%ed