ChitownRC
how was leisure - Printable Version

+- ChitownRC (https://www.chitownrc.com)
+-- Forum: Main Forums (https://www.chitownrc.com/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Bashers Forum (https://www.chitownrc.com/forum-11.html)
+--- Thread: how was leisure (/thread-252.html)

how was leisure - lady nitro - 10-23-2004

i know everyone went to leisure tonite
just wanted to know how everything went

i would of gone but no truck for me
and i also need room to spread my wings...

i have to make it out to berwyn alittle more or at least elgin...

you know what we need to do....
we need to plan a b-b-q bash before weather turns on us....

i know they dont have much going on at elgin bmx track
or even berwyn.....

what do you guy think....

i just need to know a date so i can make sure i have it off....

how was leisure - silent bob - 10-24-2004

wow liesure must have sucked , cuz nobody is saying anything about it

how was leisure - Michowski - 10-24-2004

no actually it was very fun. My engine decided to die that night but it was fun as hell watching all the cars race. I will definatly be at leisure amap this winter.

how was leisure - Technical RC - 10-24-2004

I had kind of a rough night. I was pretty sick when I showed up. (Side effect from medicine.)
Then I discovered a serious steering issue with my truck. Then 3 of my tires came unglued
during qualifying because I forgot to sand the chrome off the rims. Then I lost the cap for
my fuel bottle. Then, to top it all off, just as the main was supposed to start my truck died.
I got it restarted and when I went to put it back on the track, someone was in my position.
I was trying to figure out who it was and then the buzzer went off and I was standing there
holding my truck. I was feeling pretty bad (nauseous) at this point so I packed up and left.
Sorry I didn't stay to say goodbye but I didn't want to barf on anyone!!! :eek: Smile

Believe it or not, it was still pretty fun. Can't wait for next Saturday!!! Smile

TRC

how was leisure - Tex - 10-25-2004

I had fun overall. My truck sucked.

Yeah TRC you have to be extra ready or they will qualify/race without you.

how was leisure - thenewguy821 - 10-25-2004

Quote: then the buzzer went off and I was standing there
holding my truck.

This very same thing happened to me in St.Louis. My truck died waiting for the "Go" signal, I came down off the drivers stand to start it, and they started the race....

how was leisure - Tex - 10-26-2004

I know it's going to happen to me.... sometime. I won't be ready.

I found out in STL when I was having a bunch of problems with my truck during a race. Instead of fixing it (3 min fix) I figured I'd pretty much just quit. But you never really know how the race will end so no matter what you should always try to finish a race. There is plenty of time to catch other people during a race. Just wait for them to take a spill and cruise by....... Smile

how was leisure - Tex - 10-26-2004

Of course I realize TRC was about to "spill" Smile so under that certain circumstance I would in no way finish a race.