ChitownRC
My latest in painting bodies - Printable Version

+- ChitownRC (https://www.chitownrc.com)
+-- Forum: Main Forums (https://www.chitownrc.com/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Racers Forum (https://www.chitownrc.com/forum-9.html)
+--- Thread: My latest in painting bodies (/thread-2450.html)

My latest in painting bodies - Biodragen - 02-02-2006

Here is a few pics of what I have been working on.
I dunno what to do with the hood. I stink at carbon fiber painting.
The rear in silver I plan on cutting out the small slots and the slot up on top.
This is my first time using the liquid mask but I still had used some tape.
The finish has yellow, silver, red, orange and black.
The design is in silver with black outlining it.

I was on another path with this and I ended up here being creative.

Give me some ideas on what to do with the hood.
I do have some color changing paint that is like rusty red color from Spaztix.

[Image: body1.jpg]

[Image: body2.jpg]

[Image: body3.jpg]

[Image: body4.jpg]

My latest in painting bodies - destroy_my_revo_15 - 02-02-2006

looks schweet. what body is that anywayz i cant realli tell.

My latest in painting bodies - Biodragen - 02-02-2006

Oh it is the HPI 2000 Lotus

My latest in painting bodies - destroy_my_revo_15 - 02-02-2006

cool how are the hpi onroad bodies? the offroad savage bodies seem to be waay to thin and break/rip/destroyed real easy.

My latest in painting bodies - Ponch - 02-02-2006

That's crazy!

My latest in painting bodies - Czech-it-Out Graphics - 02-02-2006

wow dude im impressed! did u hand cut those designs?

I think carbon fiber would look really good on the hood, use parma faspearle black and faspearl charcoal and if u mess up it wont be as noticeable. Otheriwse i think a nice mirror chrome like from alclad would look cool. or even like an iridescent blue or maybe metallic red

My latest in painting bodies - Michowski - 02-03-2006

looks like he just sprayed every color on in light coats to get that. Not putting it down just explaining to mike. I think it looks cool

My latest in painting bodies - JOE - 02-03-2006

it looks like he used a plastic bag while the paint was wet and did a couple different colors , it looks tight, and mike is right carbon fiber would look really good, and i think mike was talking about the silver designs not the main body Smile

My latest in painting bodies - BottledBeast - 02-03-2006

that looks real good...

My latest in painting bodies - Czech-it-Out Graphics - 02-03-2006

ya i know he did the marble technique on the main body, he just used like 5 colors when most use only two

My latest in painting bodies - Biodragen - 02-03-2006

Czech-it-Out Graphics Wrote:ya i know he did the marble technique on the main body, he just used like 5 colors when most use only two

Yep---I put a few drops on a plate and used a balled up piece of saran wrap.

As for the designs---yes but off a template I printed out and taped to the outside of the body. It is not perfect but lining it up was not easy and I also had to do some freehand. at the same time I was worried I was pressing to hard with the blade.
Let me tell ya it was a bitch--it took me an hour or more to cut that.
I used a #10 exacto blade.
Problem was I could not see where the cut went to. Once I started a part I had to finish that fisrt before I could stop. Kinda oissed the wife off when she asked for something. I had to fix some of it with masking tape cut to what it was suppose to be.

As for CB look---I would do it but the problem I have is all the curves and shaprness of the hood.
I do have mirror chrome but I forgot what to back it with. I was thinking of a dark custom colored metalic red.

FWIW---I was going a tribal theme---I dunno but based on all my other work I tend to lean towards the darker colors. When I come up with an idea and map it out--it is great in lighter colors.
It is when I start it---I end up going with the flow---I guess you can I do what speaks to me.
I never know what the main color will end up like---it is a risk.

My latest in painting bodies - Tex - 02-03-2006

Looks creative....

What about leaving the hood clear? I do that when I paint my own bodies, leave certain parts clear...kinda different and cool at the same time.

My latest in painting bodies - Biodragen - 02-03-2006

I am leaving all the windows clear.
I rather see it painted some way

My latest in painting bodies - Michowski - 02-03-2006

you have to leave the windows clear otherwise how will be be able to see through them? DUH lol

My latest in painting bodies - maxximum_44 - 02-03-2006

If you want to use that mirror chrome...Just spray, slow dry(no hair blowers),then back it up with black.

My latest in painting bodies - Tex - 02-03-2006

yeah I guess leaving a clear body section that is connected to another clear spot (like windows) would look kinda weird.

I have left whole bottom halves of bodies clear ...lol I'm sure some of you remeber them...lol

u have to back chrome with water based black enamel or laquer black will dull it. I think u meant putting the red in and backing it with chrome.

If you use LMF for the hole body it will be much easier. i usually use a no.11 exacto blade.

The reason u got some of those edges that bled through was because of the tape, LMF wont do that.

Dude thats good if it only took u an hour most of my designs take me about 4-6 hours to completely cut out so dont feel bad LOL Smile

My latest in painting bodies - maxximum_44 - 02-03-2006

Czech, LMF?... Liquid mask? I use the Bob Dively Liquid mask, which one do recommend?

ya liquid making film ya. Bob Dively's is good stuff, I use parma