The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.3.3 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

ChitownRC
how old are you and when did you start in this hobby - Printable Version

+- ChitownRC (https://www.chitownrc.com)
+-- Forum: Open Forums (https://www.chitownrc.com/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic (https://www.chitownrc.com/forum-14.html)
+--- Thread: how old are you and when did you start in this hobby (/thread-2411.html)

Pages: 1 2

how old are you and when did you start in this hobby - kevinF - 01-31-2006

how old are you and when did you start.

im 13 years old and I started 7 months ago Big Grin

still a newb but have spent almost $900

how old are you and when did you start in this hobby - Traxxas_Junkee - 01-31-2006

i was 11, im 15 now, i think between my 6 vehicles im barely at 1000

how old are you and when did you start in this hobby - t to the maxx2 - 01-31-2006

16, and i built my 1st car w/ my dad when i was 7

how old are you and when did you start in this hobby - Racin' Ranger1 - 01-31-2006

15-1 month-$200

how old are you and when did you start in this hobby - Ponch - 01-31-2006

10(tmaxx) now 14 soon 15. Easily $4000.

how old are you and when did you start in this hobby - destroy_my_revo_15 - 01-31-2006

34 days (not like im counting) till muah 16th b-day woot woot umm i was like in the 6th grade when i started.....got about 3 large in this hobby. (i could have a decent beater by now)

how old are you and when did you start in this hobby - Traxxas_Junkee - 01-31-2006

matt i thought u were still 14 and turning 15

how old are you and when did you start in this hobby - destroy_my_revo_15 - 01-31-2006

yea......

how old are you and when did you start in this hobby - Racin' Ranger1 - 01-31-2006

i think he is not sure though:confused:

how old are you and when did you start in this hobby - Mr. Tune - 01-31-2006

I got into it at the ripe old age of 25. It was late spring 2004 when I got my first truck, as used savage from bigd. A few months (june 2004) later I started this site.

how old are you and when did you start in this hobby - maxximum_44 - 01-31-2006

I was twelve and my first (real) Rc was a boomerang made by Tamiya, then a Double Dare monster truck by Kyosho. so 18yrs I guess.

(30)Damn I feel OLd.

how old are you and when did you start in this hobby - Ponch - 01-31-2006

yeah....I was not thinking straight. lmao yeah I'm almost 15.

how old are you and when did you start in this hobby - Michowski - 01-31-2006

i dont remember how old but it was a few months before the t-maxx was first introduced.

how old are you and when did you start in this hobby - Czech-it-Out Graphics - 01-31-2006

I was 13 when i started, now I am 16 and i couldnt tell u how much change i have dropped LOL

Michowski Wrote:i dont remember how old but it was a few months before the t-maxx was first introduced.

the original t-maxx I think came out in 1999 so that would be about 1997 when you started.

how old are you and when did you start in this hobby - Notochord - 01-31-2006

5ish i think. i have like 5 tyco rc cars. my first real rc was the hornet i think that was when i was 7ish 8ish and now im turning 16 in march. i just got back into rc last year. and now my pockets are empty Sad lol owell its worth it

well if you count tyco r/c then I started at 5-6 years old.
but my first real one was a t-maxx which I still have and that was about 7 months ago.

how old are you and when did you start in this hobby - DAVEC-NITRO-RS4 - 01-31-2006

Thanks, I needed this thread to remind me how old and how broke I am now....

We bought our first RC (RS4 #1) in Sept 04, second rs4 in 2/05, Revo 4/05, Mini T (can't remember but somewhere around 6/05). Total invested......priceless, but Visa tells me it's over $2k, and now $20 bills fly away like Kleenex.

But what fun....

my first rc ever was put in my hands when i was about a 1.5 years, and i still have it! it was a richard Petty car that ran on AAA's

DAVEC-NITRO-RS4 Wrote:Thanks, I needed this thread to remind me how old and how broke I am now....We bought our first RC (RS4 #1) in Sept 04, second rs4 in 2/05, Revo 4/05, Mini T (can't remember but somewhere around 6/05). Total invested......priceless, but Visa tells me it's over $2k, and now $20 bills fly away like Kleenex.

But what fun....

no problem man any time Big Grin

3-4 for like the tyco/nikko or w/e cars

how old are you and when did you start in this hobby - bandit - 02-01-2006

I was 15 when I got my first real R/C a used RC10 Championship Edition (pre stealth transmission), I bought it off a friend but it had no electronics. Didn't have a job at the time, but was saving my allowance for them. My where willing to get them for me but they decided to get my a complete kit instead for Christmas. So I guess my first realing working R/C was a RC10T Team Truck. Man that was back in 92, I'm getting old.

how old are you and when did you start in this hobby - BottledBeast - 02-01-2006

i had to be like 10 or so when i got a stampede...and i still got it and now im 18...lol

how old are you and when did you start in this hobby - FrankieS - 02-01-2006

I started at 11, now im 16. i've porbable spent over 2 grand on my cars!

how old are you and when did you start in this hobby - spdrcr999 - 02-01-2006

Well, so far I've got you all beat. I'm 33 now and I have been into this since about 1984 or so. My first car was a grasshopper with the mechanical speed control. Since then, I have had a gold tubbed RC10, A TQ10 Graphite (still have the box), a Tamiya Hotshot 4wd, Losi LST (back when they were electric) an RC10T, an RC10 World's car, 2 Clodbusters, a Miss Budweiser Hydro (electric that I converted to .10 inboard power), an MRP electric tunnel boat, 2 custom built 3.5cc outboard tunnels and 1 ABS plastic Hotshot tunnel , a USA-1, a 10-cell direct drive custom drag rail, a Kyosho Ultima, a B2, B3, T2, T3, Traxxas SRT race truck (very limited quantity), a Kinwald XXX Buggy, another B3, an RC10DS, a Yokomo YR4m, and probably a few more I'm forgetting. Needless to say, I've put a whole boatload of money and time into this hobby, and I can't believe I'm getting back into it now that I see just how much I have actually spent on it in the past. Wow. When you think about what all goes with each of those to make them run...it blows my mind.

Thanks guys... :crazy: