The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.3.3 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

ChitownRC
Official yack away thread - Printable Version

+- ChitownRC (https://www.chitownrc.com)
+-- Forum: Open Forums (https://www.chitownrc.com/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic (https://www.chitownrc.com/forum-14.html)
+--- Thread: Official yack away thread (/thread-2239.html)

Official yack away thread - rocco79 - 04-06-2006

uhhhh YES!!!!!!!!! i think thats hands down!!! Gee... Do i want to be named after a sock, somthing you put on your foot or do i wanna be a bear ( baby)?????

Official yack away thread - thenewguy821 - 04-06-2006

You said it perfectly Roc. Comisky made his money off of a baseball team, Wrigley made his money Elsewhere, THEN bought the Cubs franchise, making the Cubs one of the first corporate owned teams... lol

It's all good. I agree with what someone else said (I'm too lazy to scroll back, so forgive me for not giving proper credit). I would MUCH rather see a corporation buy a team/stadium, and use existing funds to better the ballpark, assist in paying the outrageous salaries, etc. than have the teams jack up the ticket prices, and make the fans suffer.

BTW, in todays Tribune, there was a picture of Cincinati Reds Cheerleaders on the Cubs dugout. The caption suggested that the women may have been the distraction that caused the cubs to lose. Lame Excuse #1.... Smile

Official yack away thread - kevinF - 04-06-2006

rocco79 Wrote:only differnce was Comiskey made his money off of owning a baseball team,which sold when the american league was formed ...

He was offered a franchise in Chi-town, he named to the White Stockings (GHEY!!!!) which was shortened to the White Sox ( GHEYER!!!!) so it fit better into Newpaper headlines...

they were once named the black sox

WTF!?!?!?!??!!?

Traxxas .... They were called that after they threw the F'in world series in 1919!!!!!!! ( Shoeless Joe!!!!!)

Please for the love of GOD!!!!! tell me you didnt think that was the teams name!??!?!!?!???!?!?!??!!

LMAO....

I'm with you on this one Roc... lol

LMFAO chris!!!

Just found this on the net... Intersting on how the names changed over the years and why...
The only city to hold a team continuously since 1876, Chicago began as the "White Stockings," primarily because the best team in baseball, the Cincinnati Red Stockings, were their chief rivals. A clash of colored socks seemed appropriate. Beginning in 1890, some newspapers started to call the team the "Colts" because of all their young players. A similar name was the "Cubs," which also referred to the youth of the team. In 1898, when manager Cap Anson retired, the team was briefly called the "Orphans" before "Cubs" was officially sanctioned in 1900. Die-hard fans affectionately refer to the team as the "Cubbies."

Very Interesting.... Kinda poses a little question. In the movie "The Warriors", the Gang called the orphans was a group of guys dressed in baseball uniforms. Could this be where the writer of the movie got his idea????

Official yack away thread - kevinF - 04-06-2006

rocco79 Wrote:WTF!?!?!?!??!!?

Traxxas .... They were called that after they threw the F'in world series in 1919!!!!!!! ( Shoeless Joe!!!!!)

Please for the love of GOD!!!!! tell me you didnt think that was the teams name!??!?!!?!???!?!?!??!!

I didnt mean as their real team name........lol, but they were called that after what the did with taking bribes to lose and stuff.

My mistake... The Baseball Fury was the Gang. The Orphans were the ones that wore roller skates. There went my theory... lol

I would have belived you chris ... Ive never seen the warriors! LOL! Want to though...

This history of both teams is really interesting to me... Gotta love the internet for that

Official yack away thread - Tex - 04-07-2006

Warriors rocks, it's a must see IMO.

Official yack away thread - DAVEC-NITRO-RS4 - 04-07-2006

That creepy little guy....

"Warriors.....come out and play!! "

Official yack away thread - Michowski - 04-07-2006

Damn these Cubs are really taking it to the Cardinals. Packed seats on there opening day. GO CUBS.

What's the score?

5-0 in the 5th inning

Official yack away thread - too fast - 04-07-2006

Smile

that video is not appropriate for a public forum. I would suggest removing it before the mods do.

Official yack away thread - Racin' Ranger1 - 04-07-2006

but it is soooo funny

if they werent copying a movie then it might be.

Michowski Wrote:5-0 in the 5th inning

Fly the W flag. 5-1. I hate the Cardinals.

i love the sox and who ever is facing the cubs

I love the way the fans cheered the team today. Even when the other guys looked to be making a comeback the fans kept the team motivated and stayed there despite the cold weather because they are real fans.

but they still suck....lol j/p i think both sox and cubs will have a good year but im pullin' for the sox

Official yack away thread - JOE - 04-07-2006

go pirates lol Smile

Official yack away thread - Czech-it-Out Graphics - 04-07-2006

thats a lost cause joe...