The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.3.3 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

ChitownRC
Official yack away thread - Printable Version

+- ChitownRC (https://www.chitownrc.com)
+-- Forum: Open Forums (https://www.chitownrc.com/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic (https://www.chitownrc.com/forum-14.html)
+--- Thread: Official yack away thread (/thread-2239.html)

Official yack away thread - FreeRideFrosty - 04-03-2006

Michowski Wrote:stop wasting web space Wink

Right after you stop wasting living space. Big Grin

Official yack away thread - thenewguy821 - 04-03-2006

The Cubs have finally completely sold out....

It wasn't enough that they had one of (if not THE) first Corporate owned parks, now they have the "Budweiser Bleachers" and the "Walter E Smithe Box seats"....

Official yack away thread - Czech-it-Out Graphics - 04-03-2006

the white sox sure havent...nah they would never do anythign like that

Official yack away thread - kevinF - 04-03-2006

the sox arent too cocky either

Official yack away thread - Michowski - 04-03-2006

so who wants to go to comiskey park, Ooops wait didnt they become US Cellular field? Hmmm who would have thought?

No one said anything because it happened so damn late... you have reposted the same quote 3 times now. We get it and can still say what we want...

FreeRideJunkie Wrote:No one said anything because it happened so damn late... you have reposted the same quote 3 times now. We get it and can still say what we want...

stop wasting web space lol :p:

Michowski Wrote:so who wants to go to comiskey park, Ooops wait didnt they become US Cellular field? Hmmm who would have thought?

Comiskey actually got nicer after it was purchased... Wrigley (named after gum) has always been corporate owned and has not seen any improvements from selling out more sections... no improvements except for added funds...

its hard to improve on somethings thats already a great place. Our field doesnt need anything but a better team, yours needed both.

FreeRideJunkie Wrote:Comiskey actually got nicer after it was purchased... Wrigley (named after gum) has always been corporate owned and has not seen any improvements from selling out more sections... no improvements except for added funds...

Not to mention the Chunks of concrete that is falling from the buiding

I never said the Sox didn't sell the stadium to a corporation. My comment was in reference to the MANY Cubs fans who say that the Cubs will NEVER go corporate.... They already ARE corporate, and now they are selling even more to the corporations...

The truth hurts but not as bad as admitting your a sox fan.

Michowski Wrote:its hard to improve on somethings thats already a great place. Our field doesnt need anything but a better team, yours needed both.

You posted at the same time.... how can you say the field doesn't need improvements? The bleachers are falling apart, and the people on the street are too stupid to move away from the falling chunks... lol J/K

Official yack away thread - Czech-it-Out Graphics - 04-03-2006

wrigley has history, if im not mistaken it has landmark status or soon will have it why would u wanna make it some big assanine stadium like "the Cell"

Official yack away thread - DAVEC-NITRO-RS4 - 04-04-2006

Czech-it-Out Graphics Wrote:wrigley has history, if im not mistaken it has landmark status or soon will have it why would u wanna make it some big assanine stadium like "the Cell"

Don't forget that they chopped part of the stadium off because it was so steep no one wanted to sit up there! They just modeled it after Kansas City! Which is also a frightening upper deck seat. They used to sell upper deck seats for $2 on Thursdays in KC becuase they couldn't sell them at full price. The only fans up there were mountain goats and rock climbers.

Official yack away thread - rocco79 - 04-04-2006

thenewguy821 Wrote:The Cubs have finally completely sold out....

It wasn't enough that they had one of (if not THE) first Corporate owned parks, now they have the "Budweiser Bleachers" and the "Walter E Smithe Box seats"....

That was an April fools joke. Watch the news u scummy south side fan! LOL

Official yack away thread - DAVEC-NITRO-RS4 - 04-04-2006

Somebody has to own the stadiums! What's wrong with selling the naming rights? Professional sports is Entertainment Industry! Advertising keeps the millionaire players playing without fans paying $200 a ticket.

If you are a fan of the game/team, who cares what name is plastered around the park? It's great if they can honor history and name a stadium after a person, but times have changed..it's no longer about The Love of the Game. It's about Show Me the Money.

Official yack away thread - Mr. Tune - 04-04-2006

dave's got a point. When you've got to come up with $100 million just to pay your players, you're going to get revenue from wherever it's available. I'd rather have some corporate sponsered name on the stadium than high price tickets too.

Wooooooo Hooooooooo!!!!!! OHHHHH YEAH!!!!!!!

How bout the world champs on their home opener!!!! Man im soo glad they showed up today and showed out for alllllllllll Those loyal life long fans that where in the stands today sportin their very own World Series rings, That fought the worst traffic in the history of chicago!

WORLD SERIES CHUMPS!!!!!!!!!

Official yack away thread - thenewguy821 - 04-04-2006

WOW... Where have you been? The home opener was Sunday night.... 10-4 win.

As for today, no problem. Nobody thinks they will go undefeated. To be honest, I would be surprised if they made it into the playoffs this year. Doesn't mean I'm not going to be a fan. We'll see who has the better record at All-star break, and at the end of the season..... Sure won't be the boys in blue. lol

Official yack away thread - Mr. Tune - 04-04-2006

You can't call it the home opener on sunday, lol. It started to rain and all the fake fans took off. Only the true fans remained. So how many were left? 2000, maybe, lol. I was watching the highlights and saw tomie's homerun shot into the empty seats.

Dont be sooo sure..

See i dont listen to the suxs so i thoght today was the home opener... Ohhh well .. Still a heck of a way to celbrate gettin those rings

Official yack away thread - Michowski - 04-05-2006

Hey rocco, how many sox fans does it take to fill there stadium? Give up? Nobody knows because its never been filled before. bahahahaha

Official yack away thread - Michowski - 04-05-2006

also for rocco or mike. Whats the only way the sox could tie there game? Get beamed in for the run. Plan A failed when they had a guy run into home and get out so plan B is get hit by the ball untill its tied. Wink I kid I kid lol

Official yack away thread - FreeRideFrosty - 04-05-2006

Hmmm... I think that last time I checked you can't judge a season by a 1-1 start to a season... And If I am correct the cubs lost today and the sox are leading 3-2 with the bases loaded...

Official yack away thread - FreeRideFrosty - 04-05-2006

Michowski Wrote:also for rocco or mike. Whats the only way the sox could tie there game? Get beamed in for the run. Plan A failed when they had a guy run into home and get out so plan B is get hit by the ball untill its tied. Wink I kid I kid lol

And smartass... of course he had to run home... yes he got tagged out. The cub fans wouldn't know what it's like to HAVE to run from third... they've never had the bases loaded...