The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.3.3 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

ChitownRC
Official yack away thread - Printable Version

+- ChitownRC (https://www.chitownrc.com)
+-- Forum: Open Forums (https://www.chitownrc.com/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic (https://www.chitownrc.com/forum-14.html)
+--- Thread: Official yack away thread (/thread-2239.html)

Official yack away thread - UE-Maxx - 02-16-2006

Lol

Official yack away thread - DAVEC-NITRO-RS4 - 02-17-2006

I learned something new....

I read that CA glue works best on items that contain moisture (that's why it glues your skin so well). I had a broken suspension arm off the Revo so I wetted the ends and CA'd it together and I'll be darned if it didn't glue up fast and strong!

Maybe the wet CA glue technique will work for you on something in the future.

Official yack away thread - Ponch - 02-17-2006

Seriously? Wow! So yeah, mabye we shouldn't go and run our finger under water w/CA on it...Did you just mist the arm with it, or did you dunk it?

Official yack away thread - DAVEC-NITRO-RS4 - 02-17-2006

Ran it under the faucet and brushed away the clay. Shook it off and glued it.

I read about this in Popular Science magazine.

Official yack away thread - rocco79 - 02-17-2006

Hmmmm interesting!!! Learn somthing everyday

Official yack away thread - Notochord - 02-18-2006

CA glue smells good but it makes ur eyes water Tongue

Official yack away thread - Ponch - 02-18-2006

You know you're not supposed to sniff that stuff...lmao

Official yack away thread - db302 - 02-18-2006

You know what that smell is, right? Cyanide gas, the same stuff used in execution chambers, although the amount in glue isn't enough to really hurt you. Scary huh?

Official yack away thread - mikecooper - 02-18-2006

sounds like fun.

Official yack away thread - FreeRideFrosty - 02-18-2006

It is true... super glue was also found to be perfectly safe to use an lascerations up to a certain size in the emergency room. Another reason I take a tube with my when I go mountain biking...

Official yack away thread - DAVEC-NITRO-RS4 - 02-18-2006

A big tube right?

I don't think I want to know where you are going with this...

Is this post number 50,000?

Nope, missed it...50,001! Jeez, that's alot of wasted time, 50,000 posts.

LMAO... you need a hobby. Another one because aparantly this one isn't consuming enough time or money...

Thank you wife #2.

Time I have, money is more difficult to leverage. Hey, go buy those Pythons for your truck!!! I need the money!

And I do have another hobby...learning to paint RC bodies....see gallery.

Wife #2 would say you have too many hobbies... sheesh

Official yack away thread - rocco79 - 02-18-2006

Got this off of howstuffworks.com

Super glue deserves its name -- a single drop can permanently join your thumb to your index finger faster than you can say "Whoops," and a 1-square-inch bond can hold more than a ton. So how does this remarkable substance work? The answer lies in its main ingredient, cyanoacrylate (C5H5NO2, for you chemistry buffs).

Cyanoacrylate is an acrylic resin that cures (forms its strongest bond) almost instantly. The only trigger it requires is the hydroxyl ions in water, which is convenient since virtually any object you might wish to glue will have at least trace amounts of water on its surface.

White glues, such as Elmer's, bond by solvent evaporation. The solvent in Elmer's all-purpose school glue is water. When the water evaporates, the polyvinylacetate latex that has spread into a material's crevices forms a flexible bond. Super glue, on the other hand, undergoes a process called anionic polymerization. Cyanoacrylate molecules start linking up when they come into contact with water, and they whip around in chains to form a durable plastic mesh. The glue thickens and hardens until the thrashing molecular strands can no longer move.

If you think cyanoacrylate's ability to repair broken knick-knacks is super, wait until you hear about its other tricks. Super-glue fuming is sometimes used in criminal investigations to detect latent fingerprints. It works like this:

The object to be checked for prints is placed in a heated, airtight container.
Cyanoacrylate is introduced; it evaporates and is circulated throughout the container by fans.
The gaseous glue reacts with materials that may have been left behind in fingerprints (such as amino acids and glucose) and makes them visible.
Another interesting application is the use of cyanoacrylate to close wounds in place of stitches. Researchers found that by changing the type of alcohol in super glue, from ethyl or methyl alcohol to butyl or octyl, the compound becomes less toxic to tissue. With further research, the practice may become more widespread and could eventually replace the need for stitching up lacerations.
By the way, if you happen to find yourself in a super-sticky situation, a little bit of acetone nail-polish remover helps to unglue fingers.

By the way....

Ive been on like 5 sites and nowhwere does it say that Cyanoacrylate has cyaonide in it......

Hmm..What would happen if you shoved a bottle of glue up a snotty nose? lol

Im sure your mom would have to call 911

Why would she call 911? She works there!

Official yack away thread - db302 - 02-18-2006

rocco79 Wrote:By the way....

Ive been on like 5 sites and nowhwere does it say that Cyanoacrylate has cyaonide in it......

Hey all, check this out http://www.dp9.com/Products/Assembly.htm :joy:

I dont know, i went on sites that had the moleculer structure of the product and it said nothing.... Not saying your wrong. I was just curious If it was a fact or a wives tale.

Official yack away thread - DAVEC-NITRO-RS4 - 02-19-2006

I think the word "minute" sums it up....not enough to warrant a poison warning.

It is funny that on the tire glue label I use, it says to flush away spilled glue with water, which will cause it to harden!!! Team Losi!

Official yack away thread - Czech-it-Out Graphics - 02-19-2006

rocco79 Wrote:By the way....

Rocco Jack Bridson mentioned it awhile ago, when we were all talking abouot baking tires. Im sure with all that heat it is pretty toxic.

They did the finger print thing on Beverly Hills Cop funny movie lol