ChitownRC
Kyosho Lazer to Stampede - Printable Version

+- ChitownRC (https://www.chitownrc.com)
+-- Forum: Main Forums (https://www.chitownrc.com/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Racers Forum (https://www.chitownrc.com/forum-9.html)
+--- Thread: Kyosho Lazer to Stampede (/thread-1250.html)

Kyosho Lazer to Stampede - bandit - 10-15-2005

I know most everybody is a nitro fan, and I am currentley saving for a buggy, I decided on the Sportwerk Mayhem, but that will be in spring. But as I was getting some parts to get my TC4 ready, I can across and older Kyosho Lazer Alpha ZX 4WD Buggy. They wanted 20 bucks for it, so I bought it. ( I wanted this one since it came out) It can with a speedgems 15tx2 motor, a novak raycer esc, and futaba steering servo. The car in in like new condition, new bearings, new pro-line fuzzies. rebuilded kyosho shocks, rebuild diff, and graphite shock towers. It looks new except for the drive belt. I know that parts for any kyosho are hard to come by, sometimes. I wondering if any of you know a good place to get parts. Ebay has some, but it is mainly for the new lazer. So hopefully I'll have the belt fixed by the bash, so I can do some old school r/c. I will get some pics up soon.

Kyosho Lazer to Stampede - cemeb4dk - 10-15-2005

kyoshousa link

Kyosho Lazer to Stampede - bandit - 10-18-2005

I emailed Kyosho USA, and they where to help me right away. Thanks !!!!!!

Kyosho Lazer to Stampede - bandit - 10-19-2005

Well I cleaned up the Lazer today, and the previuos owner took good care of this car. I need to find a body (looks like a 1/10 buggy body will fit, I'll will have to try.), and a wing/wing mount. I might just put a Inferno wing on it, but it might be a little to big. We will see. Headed to Al's today so let's see what type of damage finanically I can cause.

Kyosho Lazer to Stampede - bandit - 10-25-2005

Well I sold the Lazer, so I don't have to worry about parts anymore. But picked up a Stampede, and thats a fun truck for bashing. I have it beating e-maxxs in a few weeks.

Kyosho Lazer to Stampede - bandit - 10-29-2005

Well this is my Stampede thread. Yes I decided to rid my self of the Lazer and pick-up a Traxxas Stampede. I have already begun to modify it. I have changed the front and rear hub carriers to RPM with 5x11 bearings, I have removed the stock outr drives with Shiny CVDs (and Joe they are no longer binding, running smooth as glass). I removed the TQ radio system and added a Novak XXL receiver. But still running the Traxxas XL-1 ESC which I trouble setting up but after playing with it a while I finally got it working correctly. I would to modify the placement of the receiver since it doesn't sit nicely in the front, so when I upgrade the esc and I will mount it in the back with the esc. I need to add a wheelie bar(probaly a swami bar), it love to do wheelies. And of course have to change from the stock body. She is a work in progress, since my T4 and TC4 a race ready. So I can foucus on my Stampede and 18T.

Kyosho Lazer to Stampede - Tex - 10-29-2005

changed title Smile

Kyosho Lazer to Stampede - bandit - 10-31-2005

Yup, well the upgrade has begun again, I jsut replace the stock XL-1 ESC with a Novak Super Rooster. Had to add the RPM ESC mount. So far that is it. They really doen't make to many hop-ups for the Stampede, but I was able to find a place that carries aluminum parts. But I don't want to put to much alum. on there though. This one is going to be my basher, since I do not have a nitro yet, and this is a tough truck for a electric Monster Truck.

Kyosho Lazer to Stampede - Tex - 10-31-2005

Fast Lane Machining for good AL Pede parts.

Kyosho Lazer to Stampede - bandit - 11-01-2005

After thing about bout it, I think I will make it the Alumopede. But just like everything else have to go part by part.

Kyosho Lazer to Stampede - snakebite46 - 11-01-2005

How much are roller pedes going for these days? I've been thinking about getting one agian to bash around with. I really enjoyed my pede when I had it.

Kyosho Lazer to Stampede - Mnster - 11-01-2005

I love my pede, its a really good basher, good at speed, good at jumping, good at durability. I went with a long arm setup in the front for longer travel and stronger c hubs. Masher 2k's, Trinity 19t and a Chevy Silverado body. Its fun to ramp it. Big Grin

Kyosho Lazer to Stampede - mikeh - 11-01-2005

Gota love the Pede!
My first "modern" r/c after the 1987 Kyosho Ultima that is.
Lots of mods:
Traxxas Nitro front/rear wheels
Alum Nitro steering hubs,casterblocks, bearing carriers
Wide Pede Losi XXT front arms
Alum shock tower
Etc.