The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.3.3 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

ChitownRC
somewhat urgent help needed - Printable Version

+- ChitownRC (https://www.chitownrc.com)
+-- Forum: Main Forums (https://www.chitownrc.com/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Racers Forum (https://www.chitownrc.com/forum-9.html)
+--- Thread: somewhat urgent help needed (/thread-1203.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

somewhat urgent help needed - bigjs - 10-08-2005

it should continue to run after u take it off. if it dies then its either getting too much fuel or not enough

somewhat urgent help needed - rocco79 - 10-08-2005

If it only runs with the glow starter on ... Then its too rich. Your mix is so rich its totally cooling the plug off. Take the plug out if its dripping wet, you've found the problem

Roc--

if when i start to give it throttle and it starts to bog and want to die, what needle is too rich?

Without seeing it run.... Id say that sounds like the high speed needle needs to be leaned.

ok, that's what i thought. trying to get the buggy tuned up for tomorrow, so i don't have to waste so much time at the track.

good!!! Try and stay the whole day tomorrow :eek: :bustingup

even if things won't run i'll be staying, i'm off on monday, its the last race, the bears are playing the browns, and the sox already swept.

somewhat urgent help needed - Obsessive R/C - 10-08-2005

If it loads up at idle as well as stumbles when first giving it throttle...it may be LSN needs to be leaned.

true, hard to say without the engine in front of me... Could be a little of both

well it will be infront of u tomorrow, hopefully you can lend a helping hand.

u know it bud

somewhat urgent help needed - RobH - 10-09-2005

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I'm just going to wait for the used CV-RX I bought to get here, no more of this break in crap.

While attempted to break in my engine again, I somehow broke my servo horn.

somewhat urgent help needed - Obsessive R/C - 10-09-2005

Patience young one....Take a deep breath...relax...it will be fine.

Fix that servo horn & leave it alone untill I come over. (If you still want me to help)

Obsessive R/C Wrote:Fix that servo horn & leave it alone untill I come over. (If you still want me to help)

good thing the package came with 2 servo horns :eek:.

I do still want you to help, the used cv-rx im getting wont be here till about thursday.

somewhat urgent help needed - bigjs - 10-09-2005

strange to break a servo horn, make sure the engine isnt loading up with fuel

somewhat urgent help needed - Obsessive R/C - 10-09-2005

Make sure you have a new glow plug or two just in case, have your igniter charged, etc.

Obsessive R/C Wrote:Make sure you have a new glow plug or two just in case, have your igniter charged, etc.

i have a couple glowplugs and am letting my glow ignitor charge.

somewhat urgent help needed - squirrel - 10-10-2005

why didn't you call rob? i told you i would help. it's cool i ended up having to do free work on my aunts cars anyways (damn family)!

somewhat urgent help needed - RobH - 10-10-2005

squirrellives89 Wrote:why didn't you call rob? i told you i would help. it's cool i ended up having to do free work on my aunts cars anyways (damn family)!

After breaking my servo horn in the morning, I didn't want anything else to do with the maxx for the rest of the day...

Hopefully obsessive can help me get it running again... I gotta break all these stock arms before my racer x kit gets here Wink :bustingup

somewhat urgent help needed - Tex - 10-10-2005

squirrellives89 Wrote:why didn't you call rob? i told you i would help. it's cool i ended up having to do free work on my aunts cars anyways (damn family)!

How are you gunna help when you don't know how to tune? lol :eek: Wink :p: Smile

I got 1 tank of break in done, then my spektrum stopped working, then obesessive came over, since I was having electric probs, he couldn't help, so after he left I went to hobby town and bought a new spektrum receiver, and it still wont work :mad: :mad:

edit: dammit, got to tank 3 of the break in, and BOTH my diffs stripped at the same time :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

edit 2: GAHHHHh, I just stripped my hex driver trying to open up the diffs.. im about 2 seconds from giving this thing the RC Raven treatment.

[Image: FIRE2.jpg]

ok, today I killed 2 diffs, had to go out and buy a $70 receiver, and stripped 3 hex drivers, and the engine STILL isnt broken in.

Anyone with experience, I will pay you $40 to get my truck running (broken in, tuned, diffs shimmed, radio setup, ect.) + the cost of parts.

somewhat urgent help needed - Obsessive R/C - 10-10-2005

:confused: How did you manage to strip the diffs??

Obsessive R/C Wrote::confused: How did you manage to strip the diffs??

I have no idea. I was just doin circles on the 3rd break in tank, then all of a sudden my wheels locked up, I go over, shut off the engine, push it, it was really hard to push, then all of a sudden I heard the infamous CRUNCH of trashed spyder gears.

somewhat urgent help needed - Obsessive R/C - 10-10-2005

I should have just taken it with me. lol :p: