Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My first modded motor...
Well, I've got a new OS .18TZ coming for the MT Nats in Dallas and am going to be sending it to TNT Mods http://www.tntmods.com/ if they can get it done in time for me to break it in. I like their philosophy. We'll see how it all shakes out.

Anyone else have any experience with modded motors?
I thought over poishing created surface tension????

Jeez bruce arent o.s. revos fast enough without modding??? LOL!!!
Dont mess wit my sig Line tune!
--Then follow the rules! haha!-- -Tune
Yeah, they're plenty fast. But I like the fuel economy aspect also. It's $80+shipping.
he can mod it up as much as he wants and get all the gas mileage he can but you still cant beat me lol jk. Im pretty much done getting the big engine or the popular one. Im just gonna be running either a stock tm or a 2.5r with a different carb on it. Remember slower is faster and i definatly need to slow down some. Make sure to take some pics of the inside of that engine when you get it back also.
Now can you run a Modded engine in a roar sanctioned event?
yes
A friend will help you move, but a REAL friend will help you move a body.
Yeah george... My post was real difficult to understand..... Your retarded.. :moon:

Ok, your not retarded.... Just simple.
Dont mess wit my sig Line tune!
--Then follow the rules! haha!-- -Tune
Michowski Wrote:he can mod it up as much as he wants and get all the gas mileage he can but you still cant beat me lol jk.

Mich, you might want to watch those kind of comments they can come back to haunt you. It may have been true before but I've been practicing a LOT more than you this summer. I've not seen you out racing but once this summer. Let's see how things go this winter :flamer:
once leisure opens up il be there untill they kick me out. Im not much for winning a race but more of having a good race between people. When were both side to side and battling out the whole race for first is a better race to me then somebody just have the lead the entire race. Im looking forward to this winter thats for sure.
satoch Wrote:Mich, you might want to watch those kind of comments they can come back to haunt you.

Don't you know you can say anythin gto anyone as long as you put "JK" at the end. It's just like making sure you smile when you tell some to "**** off ".

You can always say, "I was only keeeeding."

So lighten up Frances. jk
got paint?
Colors by Dave - CBD
1-29-07 ... you know.
dave the thing with this group of people is that were always messing around with each other like that so we dont need to put jk at the end. We always know the other person is messing around and nobody really takes anything personal. so damn dave lighten up already and get your truck ready for leisure to open so i can have another victim to beat. Big Grin
Oh I am ready....to be a victim that is !! NOT KIDDING. It should be fun to ram into you guys as you take it sooooo seriously. We're into demolition derby !!! jk.

Seriously, if I can be serious for a minute, we WILL be out this winter to run. The fall has gotten so busy with kids getting back to school and the house under construction. I look forward to some calm and relaxing RC TRUCK RACING !!!!!!!!!!!!! Revo's gonna need a little tweak here and there but nothing major like some recent take-a-new-Revo-and-change -everything-on-it-and-paint-it-black-and-red-and stick-a-big-old-wing-on-it-and-put-a-os18tm-motor guys! Not naming names....Smile. If I can't have fun running the basic truck with some minor improvements, I am taking the fun out of it. I look forward to (someday) getting out of the garage and onto the tracks with y'all.

BTW, I was born and raised in Da Hts. Used to live near Marian HS (where I went, Go Spartans).
got paint?
Colors by Dave - CBD
1-29-07 ... you know.
Dave you come along way from the Da Hts. I used to work in the hts. How times have changed....
My parents, a brother & sister, and my in-laws all still live in that area. It's a nice place to visit, but....I'd rather live in Naperville.
The area by Marian and the Country club is still nice or at least is was when I was last down there.
That's true. There are still some nice areas, and then there's, well, the rest of the town.
Do you remember the Tivoli Restaurant off Halsted? That used to be our family's favorite place to go. Now it's a baptist church, or something like that.

I used to work at Peter Levin Pontiac on Rt 30 when I was in HS. We used to beat the snot out of new cars there. I hope you never bought one from there, especially in 1976-77. Those SE TransAm's and Formulas used to smoke tires real good. The neighbors around there hated our guts because of all the "test drives" we would run thru their streets. Ah, to be young again......sigh.
got paint?
Colors by Dave - CBD
1-29-07 ... you know.
DAVEC-NITRO-RS4 Wrote:Revo's gonna need a little tweak here and there but nothing major like some recent take-a-new-Revo-and-change -everything-on-it-and-paint-it-black-and-red-and stick-a-big-old-wing-on-it-and-put-a-os18tm-motor guys! Not naming names....Smile.

That's funny! :bustingup
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965
LOL Dave
DAVEC-NITRO-RS4 Wrote:Revo's gonna need a little tweak here and there but nothing major like some recent take-a-new-Revo-and-change -everything-on-it-and-paint-it-black-and-red-and stick-a-big-old-wing-on-it-and-put-a-os18tm-motor guys! Not naming names....Smile.

Now who would do something like that? LOL
Mr. Tune Wrote:Now who would do something like that? LOL

You know I'm just jealous of those who can do that because I just wish I could and as long as we're wishing I wish I had more time to have fun with RC's and didn't have to work hard for a living.
I just read the following thread on the OS .18 TM/TZ rubbing issues on the RD Racing website http://www.rdracingproducts.com/forums/i...wtopic=974 to which Mich had originally posted the link. I also spoke with Roy and have a spacer coming this Fri. along with his new 8mm axles/bearings for his axle carriers I already have.

I then called Tony at TNT Engine modifications http://www.tntmods.com He was just sitting down to do my TZ and I discussed this issue with him. We've decided to do a slight bevelling of the con rod at BDC and simply put an O-Ring on the backplate to shim it out a couple thousandths so the con rod won't scrape.

Why? We feel that RD's approach is more apt to throw off the balance of the motor as it adds weight at the worst possible place. The piston head has the most unloaded force placed on it when at TDC. Any weight added to the piston/wrist pin area increases the odds of stretching to con rod and/or causing vibrations. Vibrations kill bearings.

I'll get one of RD's spacers and if I see any damage that our method doesn't solve I can always easily add Roy's spacer.
well roy has over 8 gallons of testing with his spacers between him, glenn, and other friends of his. Everybody had one thing in common, engines lasted longer and never gave any problems. Its been done on at least 5 known engines and there was no problems. Im pretty sure if something was going to go wrong he wouldnt have told anybody. Roy wouldnt sells something he wasnt sure is 100%.
Mich, you're really starting to piss me off. It seems like you accept anything anyone says on the web as fact because you know no better. It's obvious you have no mechanical engineering background. I'm not trying to create an enemy of you but I'm growing very tired of your obvious lack of knowledge in key areas as they apply to this hobby/sport.

When was the last time you spoke with Roy? I respect that you're very familiar with what others have done. What have YOU done? What are YOUR experiences?

Listen man, I'm the guy who knows these guys personally. You seem to be reading shit off a website and thinking you got something going on. I have prototypes from Ray and I respect him greatly. Do you want his autograph? Slayden's? WTF!! I've got dinner plans with most of the top dogs going to Dallas.
:popcorn:

/cracks open a cold one and enjoys the show.
Pass me one too...:popcorn:

Obsessed F/X Custom Painted R/C Bodies

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  GV Shark 4WD 1/10 - Powerfull motor installed but power lost in transmition system Antreas 1 3,466 12-09-2010, 10:08 AM
Last Post: Antreas
  motor liam 9 2,846 01-27-2008, 03:57 PM
Last Post: DAVEC-NITRO-RS4
  What Motor? snoracer 42 7,625 01-20-2008, 08:37 PM
Last Post: Eddie F
  Best Motor, ESC, servo for on-road? mikeh 6 2,039 06-15-2007, 03:42 PM
Last Post: Ponch
  T4RS Motor Moves forward BobWoodhouse 4 1,656 03-26-2007, 03:44 PM
Last Post: chris arnold
  Truggy Motor FreeRideFrosty 57 8,492 01-18-2007, 06:32 AM
Last Post: pwnzor
  New Sirio Motor for Revo (S27RE)!!! BAMF90 15 5,014 01-16-2007, 12:38 AM