Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ran the NTC3 for the first time
It fired right up. Either it was easier to start or I'm getting better at starting them Big Grin

I can tell this is one RC that you need alot of throttle control. You give it too much gas and it just fishtails and you loose all control.
Welcome to nitro on-road!! :racing:

Obsessed F/X Custom Painted R/C Bodies
The right tires means everything.
I could definitely use some new tires. This car has been run on the street alot.
DAVEC-NITRO-RS4 Wrote:The right tires means everything.

Couldn't agree more.
I forget which RC guru article said that "good tires can help a poor setup more than any setup changes can do to help overcome the wrong tires"
God that is so true..... Tires are 80% of the handling
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965
The right tires are the biggest factor in tuning I think.
my list is

1. tires
2. setup
3. driving skillz
Ok, so what tires should I get?
More "magazine wisdom":

Visit the track you intend to race and ask the fastest guys what tires they're using, and then use the same.

You have communications via email with the Tinley race director, maybe he can suggest the best set for that pavement. After that changes based on track temp will come into play.
I'm going to have to get these things overnighted from Towers if I'm going to use them Sunday.
Why not buy some premounted foam tires (locally) in various shores and return what you don't use/need?
Return what you don't use?
Buy various tire compounds, see what the track recommends, use those, and return the unused tires back to the store for a refund/credit.
Would they use foam tires in a parking lot like that?
It's possible. Rubber slicks are possible also if they clean the surface before racing, but it's right next to the main road, so blewing dust is gonna be there no matter what, so maybe treaded tires? I would consult with Walt (was that his name?). It's supposed to rain today so maybe that will clean it off some, too.
I may just go ahead and order these for now. It's not like I'm going to be anywhere near first place anyway.
RCDad,

check that thread about putting the 5800Bl in a TC4... right in there Walt says foam tires run the best.
Shoot, I'm just going to run my old tires, it will cost me more in shipping to get them in time than the tires cost.
Rubber tires are not used on nitro cars mainly because of the weight of nitros. The rubber tires cannot handle the load.

Foams are used 100% of the time on nitro cars at any racetrack you visit. Even if I was just bashing at my house or at a park I would use foams. They last longer and the traction is way higher.

If you guys are bringing these cars to Tinley don't worry about buying foams beforehand. There are two guys who sell foams at the track.

Guess I'm biased because of sponsorship...but I recommend GQ Foams. 40shore fronts and 35shore rear. Or maybe another combo depending on weather. I will be at the track on Sunday so feel free to hunt me down and ask questions.

I can point you guys to the people who sell GQ Nitro foams and Twister Nitros foams.
Anthony_ISLA
That would be convenient to buy them right there but don't they need to be glued?
Nexus,

I just saw those Twister's last night for what looked like a great deal; 10 pair for $105. Do you like them?
RCDad Wrote:That would be convenient to buy them right there but don't they need to be glued?

No....these are all preglued and mounted.

You should never have to buy foams that need to be glued up.

Quote:I just saw those Twister's last night for what looked like a great deal; 10 pair for $105. Do you like them?

I have only used Twister's a few times. And now outdoors I only use GQ Foams (you'll notice them since they are on bright orange rims).

Anyway...they work well and the price is good. You can usually buy Twisters or GQ Foams at the track.
Anthony_ISLA
Nexus,

Now you make me ask..... what does your guy at the track charge for a set of GQ's?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  right forum this time My buggy willitbme15 21 3,484 05-21-2007, 11:32 PM
Last Post: 4wheelinrevo
  Drag Racing Time! (BigSquidRC) Brian_BigSquidRC 6 1,818 05-10-2007, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Brian_BigSquidRC
  OK- time to either fix it or get rid of it.... matt03gls 5 1,506 10-06-2006, 07:50 PM
Last Post: rocco79
  Time to pick out a motor for my buggy. Mr. Tune 23 3,119 07-19-2006, 02:40 PM
Last Post: rocco79
  figure its time for my mini salsaking 6 1,718 06-06-2006, 01:54 PM
Last Post: Tex
  I Went Racing For The 1st Time AWFUL KANAWFUL 7 1,737 02-22-2006, 09:31 PM
Last Post: AWFUL KANAWFUL
  When is it time for new piston/sleeve? RCDad 26 3,582 02-11-2006, 08:21 PM
Last Post: Tex
  It's time to come back, I guess... spdrcr999 13 2,777 01-13-2006, 07:51 AM
Last Post: spdrcr999
  Run Time Traxxas_Junkee 15 2,122 12-12-2005, 11:41 PM