Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What happened to all the forum activity/traffic? Lurkers get in here.
What happened everyone? Once a thriving a growing community, this place has had 4 months of a steep downward spiral. It's not looking like it's gonna get better anytime soon either.

I would really like some feedback, especially from the lurkers, as how to get this place turned around. What caused you to stop participating? Is there anything on my end you would like to see changed?

I welcome all feedback, good or bad. I'd hate to see this site fall by the waistside like so many others.
I think Mike and Rocco need to be sent to their rooms for a month.

Seriously, it might just be a fall off in "core" members...many guys have been getting out or playing less..heck, look back when Six, Snake, Tex, George and so many others were on posting all the time. lately life is getting in the way, maybe?

There are lots of new guys keeping it active, but maybe it's just a shift in hobby interest among some of the old guard...

I dunno. I keep active as much as I can without blasting BS on every subject/topic/thread.

The for sale threads with guys getting "all-out" are depressing. It's a bad sign for RC in general, and racing somewhat.

my .02
got paint?
Colors by Dave - CBD
1-29-07 ... you know.
Hey dave! wtf?!!? LOL
Dont mess wit my sig Line tune!
--Then follow the rules! haha!-- -Tune
its cuz of tune being a NAZI!
Here is a link to my website-
http://www.czech-it-out-graphics.com
1/29/07 never forget....TTT Confusedalute:
Bringing old know-it-all blow hards back to reallity at a forum near you

"Always Imitated, Never Duplicated"
tune is just ruling with a hitler-esqe fist that does not make hima full on nazi

also jt hates toy cars and that was like 50 posts a day of his idiotic ramblings about bein mexican and the hate the white man breeds onto his culture
Hi im johnny knoxville and welcome to jackass
rocco79 Wrote:Hey dave! wtf?!!? LOL

It's you two blasting eveyone and everything that drove everyone away.....that and the whole TTT thing.

jk.... but Mike does swear too much....that turns off the younger members.

Heck, I don't know.,.
got paint?
Colors by Dave - CBD
1-29-07 ... you know.
TTT still confuses me ttto ttthis day...
ur not supposed to know what it is...

Inside jokes that noone gets turns members away...

All my chit's for sale...Come and get it Sad
DAVEC-NITRO-RS4 Wrote:I think Mike and Rocco need to be sent to their rooms for a month.

Seriously, it might just be a fall off in "core" members...many guys have been getting out or playing less..heck, look back when Six, Snake, Tex, George and so many others were on posting all the time. lately life is getting in the way, maybe?

There are lots of new guys keeping it active, but maybe it's just a shift in hobby interest among some of the old guard...

I dunno. I keep active as much as I can without blasting BS on every subject/topic/thread.

The for sale threads with guys getting "all-out" are depressing. It's a bad sign for RC in general, and racing somewhat.

my .02

Agreed. The problem is you let the inmates take over the assylum. There's no useful info here.
Welcome Rogue...
I wouldn't say that there's no useful info here..

but there's not a lot of info for anyone other than racers.. this forum tends to be real race oriented.. which is fine, but for me, the local backyard basher, there isn't a lot of info to soak up.
"if guns cause crime, all of mine are defective" - Ted Nugent
well, its because the main population here is all about racing. which is fine. every one needs a place, but as a basher i know this is not my place anymore. me and newguy talked about this last weekend. if your a basher, your opinion does not matter. look at all the posts. it always gets turned into who is the better driver. and all the "go run the bases" bs. hey, you have fun driving around a track, i have fun launching my trucks 30' into the air. the last time i posted up a pic of a new truck it was "thats not going to handle well on the track" and "you could have gotten a top of the line truggy for that" so why post when all i do is get crapped on for buying something to have fun with. i use to post every day, now maybe once or twice a month. and i think newguy has given up all together.
10/8/1871- the great Chicago fire. Approximately 250 people were killed in the fire; 98,500 people were left homeless; 17,450 buildings were destroyed along with the original Emancipation Proclamation.
Chicago Local 281, protecting lives and property for over 100 years.
Lawn sprinklers save your grass, Fire sprinklers save your a$$
I've been busy with other things lately. The kid takes up alot of my time and I've gotten into other hobbies. Overall, I'm gonna have to say there really isnt alot of usefull info for someone getting into the hobby or the average basher. I think a section devoted to the average hobbyist is needed here. This site is 99% racers talking shit and 1% bashers. Like it or not, bashers are a huge part of the R/C world.

My .02 euro's
Having non-racers moderate a bash section would be ideal as well.
^Haha...Tune-"Rocco, Mike, you are banned from this section. You may NEVER go in."

I'm kinda middle ground...Alot of the population here has switched to racing though. I remember when I first came here and saw the video on the front page of the first chitown-rc bash and how fun it looked, just a bunch of mt's getting the crap beaten out of them, bunch of guys having fun. I know I have been swayed by members here to stick pretty much to racing full time though, I mean my 8ight has seen pavement ONCE since I got it, I dropped bashing cold turkey and admit I do miss it...But I don't want to fudge up my race car...
My time is all bout my daughter now, hence why I sold (selling everything) but I still frequent here often. I believe I still have knowledge to share with others, but it gets to be not worth it when every thread is filled with nonsense. There are alot of younger people on here that think they know it all and can say whatever they want and act as they please, with no consequences.

Plus as Dave said alot of people have either gotten out or slowed down. I thik this site just peaked when we where all nuts over RC at the same time. I remember a few years back chatting with Snake, Roc Tune Tex and some of the other original guys for hours a night and my wife getting pissed at me. But now there is nt much info on here that interests me. Whether it be my rc interest if faded or just not wanting to read threw all the BS.
A friend will help you move, but a REAL friend will help you move a body.
Just dont have time or the intrest in the summer months.
Have to spend time with the kids during summer break.
firesprink281 Wrote:well, its because the main population here is all about racing. which is fine. every one needs a place, but as a basher i know this is not my place anymore. me and newguy talked about this last weekend. if your a basher, your opinion does not matter. look at all the posts. it always gets turned into who is the better driver. and all the "go run the bases" bs. hey, you have fun driving around a track, i have fun launching my trucks 30' into the air. the last time i posted up a pic of a new truck it was "thats not going to handle well on the track" and "you could have gotten a top of the line truggy for that" so why post when all i do is get crapped on for buying something to have fun with. i use to post every day, now maybe once or twice a month. and i think newguy has given up all together.
Would a change to the forums help out you think? I've talked about it with the other mods in the past, but haven't really taken any great steps towards it unfortunately. I've been so busy with other stuff, it's gotten hard to stay on the site and make changes to better the future.

One of the things we discussed was the addition of a bashing forum (as rich mentioned a few posts up) with guys like yourself and newguy as mods.

It was not my intention to alienate the bashers, but I think the majority of the core group that helped get this forum going were all bashers an alot shifted into the racing part of it, so naturally alot of racing discussion ensued.

I just hope I'm not too late at making the necessary adjustments to keep this place going.

I do feel though in the last few months that the bashing of others has gone down alot which is good. Now just a matter of trying to get back those users who left because of it.
maybe we should bring bruce back? something to stir the pot? lmao

TTT Confusedalute:

i dont feel that the bashers have been alienated, its just myself, i realize that this has become a racers forum, which is fine. it is what the majority wants. i just dont have anything to add to the racing topics so i dont post. you still do have a lot of bashers here. there is always a good turn out at the busse woods, and a lot of them are on here. but there is no topics that relate. and when we do post something we are told its senseless. so we go else where. bigsquid, rcmx, and even with a lack of posts, i find myself at the showme forum more than here. having a bashing forum might help, but to be honest this is a racers forum, but like i said thats perfectly fine, just not what everyone is into. i ran into a guy at the hobby town in op and told him he should check out the site and he said he had heard it was a racers forum so he never bothered. we had to stop calling the berwyn events bashes because people wouldnt look at anything that was bash related. so now its bbqs.
10/8/1871- the great Chicago fire. Approximately 250 people were killed in the fire; 98,500 people were left homeless; 17,450 buildings were destroyed along with the original Emancipation Proclamation.
check out the last 2 pages of the busse bash tread and you will see what i mean.
I agree that this isn't really a basher oriented forum and I'm cool with that but I can see both sides as I bash and race. I think a bashing forum is called for just IMHO
Kona Kustom Decals
Pro Twister Mods
i think a bashing forum modded by some good heavy duty bashers...cough sprink and newguy cough
^maybe an idea?^

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hi Everyone! New to the forum! ChiDorifuto 4 3,517 05-10-2010, 10:32 PM
Last Post: DAVEC-NITRO-RS4
  Whatever happened to.... FreeRideFrosty 1 1,298 07-24-2009, 02:10 PM
Last Post: firesprink281
  Forum Graphics Gone chicagokenji 2 1,626 01-29-2009, 11:52 PM
Last Post: chicagokenji
  New to the forum Gene 5 1,824 07-09-2008, 11:27 PM
Last Post: Tex
  question about the forum eraser 14 3,376 03-24-2008, 02:16 AM