Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One fast Porsche!!
Look at that thing jump off the line! AWD and power. good combo.
http://media.putfile.com/EVOMS-967-1
I'd like to have an STI, little more economical than a Porsche.
that thing is wicked fast
I despise posche...

But OMFG!!!!!!!
Dont mess wit my sig Line tune!
--Then follow the rules! haha!-- -Tune
man he ran a chit ass light on that pass too lol
Here is a link to my website-
http://www.czech-it-out-graphics.com
1/29/07 never forget....TTT Confusedalute:
Bringing old know-it-all blow hards back to reallity at a forum near you

"Always Imitated, Never Duplicated"
cold tires and everything!!!! That's a fast car!
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965
Thirdgen89GTA Wrote:Look at that thing jump off the line! AWD and power. good combo.
http://media.putfile.com/EVOMS-967-1

r u sure its all wheel drive?

i could be wrong here but before he pulls up to the line he backs it up as if he is locking the rear diff, i have been reading a little lately about the locking diff like that and never heard of it being used on a 4 wheel drive car (not saying that it couldnt be, just havent run across one)
member of the smackahoe tribe Confusedlap:

Violator 9.5 Jammin CRT Kyosho Inferno GT HPI MT
It seemed RWD to me as well. He didn't nail it off of the line. Definitely rolled into the boost well. That car definitely has more in it.
It's really not that impressive to me. It's an expensive fast car to begin with. And he's racing a pickup truck. I don't think it's awd Im pretty sure its rear drive, rear engine. which would explain the good hookup. It just didnt occur to me in an earlir post that porsche doesnt really make an AWD car
LSP lots of Khz, Werks .28 8 port.

Revo 2.5, TRX 3.3 Engine, Center Diff. Fast and Turns on a dime.
The fact that it is racing a pick-up should have nothing to do with it. It is obviously set up on a test and tune day where cars are set up randomly. You can end up with an alcohol car running a stock saturn. Porsche's are not drag cars by any means. What they did with that car in the short amount of time is pretty impressive. As stated before, he didn't warm up the tires, and he basically rolled off of the line so he didn't have to worry about traction. That car has a LOT more in it.
Well I was just saying it was an expensive fast car to begin with. It hooks up because the weight of the engine is ON the wheels. If all you did for a 2 weeks straight with a crew of like 3-4 guys is build a race car it doesnt seem like such a fantastic feat. The engine was already out of the car when they shipped it. So that being said it reduces the swap time by over half. It hooks because the engine is in the rear. Thats my opinion

aren't the 996's all wheel drive? which is what that was..... I could be wrong, I'm just going off memory....
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965
Weight transfer helps, but I have seen STOCK Porsche's spin hell out of the hole. His 60' time had to be terrible. As I said, he rolled out..... Granted it is an expensive and fast car to begin with, but it is tuned to do something completely different. (It is a German car..... think high speed for long amounts of time and damn stable.) There is always nicer and faster out there, but that car moves.
And as I said, I thought it was RWD, but I have been wrong before. In either sense, it moves and for an AWD car it's even more impressive in my mind. Drive train loss can be a bitch in those things.
RWD or AWD for that model.

J-Dub Wrote:RWD or AWD for that model.

i still think it is rwd becasue he backs the car up to lock the diff up, 4 wheel drive you wouldnt do that on (none that i have read about anyway).

becasue if he had 4 wheel drive he really could have taken off alot faster then a roll like he did

i could be wrong but it just seems like its RWD
member of the smackahoe tribe Confusedlap:

Violator 9.5 Jammin CRT Kyosho Inferno GT HPI MT
4wheelinrevo Wrote:i still think it is rwd becasue he backs the car up to lock the diff up, 4 wheel drive you wouldnt do that on (none that i have read about anyway).

becasue if he had 4 wheel drive he really could have taken off alot faster then a roll like he did

i could be wrong but it just seems like its RWD

All current 911 Turbo's are AWD, pulled up the specs on a few different sites, and my car mags all state the same. There are still RWD porsche's out there, the Cayman, Boxter, and some Carrera's as well, however the Turbo's have been AWD for a few years now.

Porsche is really pushing ahead with AWD in just about everything, kinda like Audi, but they are the same company anyways. Funny, Lamborghini is owned by Audi too and nearly all the Murcielago's are AWD.
That didn't look awd too me. That was a pussy launch for the kind up mph that car puts out. They need to do what the supra guys do. Spray that mutha outa the hole long enough to get the turbo(s) to spool up!
Here is an example of what a fast turbo 6 cylinder car should look like! That porshe driver needs to grow some cahonies and wheel that thing like this supra or camaro driver!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9wevUrLZ0w
man that phuckin camaro launches hard!
Here is a link to my website-
http://www.czech-it-out-graphics.com
1/29/07 never forget....TTT Confusedalute:
Bringing old know-it-all blow hards back to reallity at a forum near you

"Always Imitated, Never Duplicated"
You can argue all day long, pull up the specs, 996 and 997 911 Turbo's are AWD. The AWD Turbo model was introduced with the 996 in the year 2000. Before that, the 993's were RWD.

Also, the 911 GT3's (996 and 997) are RWD and Naturally aspirated while the 996/997 911 Turbo's are AWD.

Go look up the specs, argue if you want.

On street tires, with no warm up, and with a shitty launch that time is impressive, the MPH is also impressive. Yes, you can go faster for cheaper, but 150mph at the end of the 1/4 mile is damned fast.

An no, with modern diffs rolling backward isn't gonna lock the diff. They are one way diffs that will lock the wheels on acceleration if torque is applied to the ring gear. The difference is when it locks and how it locks it. Zexel Torsions lock it before slippage, as do Viscous differentials, Cone/Clutch type differentials begin to lock only after the right or left wheel begin to slip.

Lockers are lockers, and a spool is a spool. Lockers are either locked or unlocked mechanically (or through an electronic solenoid) and the axle must stop rotating before it can be locked/unlocked. A spool is locked 100% of the time.

No road going production sports car in this day and age is going to come with a locker or a spool because it would cause some serious drivability issues in low traction conditions (snow/ice/sand/etc..) Also, a locker or spool is undesirable under road race condtions, some slippage needs to occur to allow for traction during cornering.

Fastest car on street tires in the UK. http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v288/m...eiths8.flv

Fast domestic? Even though its a mitsu underneath it I'd have to go with John Shepherds Eagle Talon. crazy fast car.
http://www.shepracing.com/racecar.php
Video: Outside | Inside

There are faster RWD cars too.

But that porsche isn't too bad for being a non-professionally driven car on street tires. His trap speed is high compared to his ET.
Just because from the factory it is AWD DOESN'T mean that it still is. I have heard of people swapping to RWD to build a more solid drive train with less power loss. Does not seem too far fetched.... I am going to agree with Tune 100%. (And I plan on owning a Supra some day..... soooo hot.) He rolled out to keep traction. Had he spooled it before and launched it would have spun (AWD or not). The car is fast, and as I and others have said earlier it could go much faster....
FreeRideFrosty Wrote:Just because from the factory it is AWD DOESN'T mean that it still is. I have heard of people swapping to RWD to build a more solid drive train with less power loss. Does not seem too far fetched.... I am going to agree with Tune 100%. (And I plan on owning a Supra some day..... soooo hot.) He rolled out to keep traction. Had he spooled it before and launched it would have spun (AWD or not). The car is fast, and as I and others have said earlier it could go much faster....

I don't doubt that it can.

AWD wasn't disabled on that car. He definitely didn't know how to drive it, but I agree that he rolled into it. The Porsche AWD systems only engage the front wheels if the rear begin to slip, its a rear biased system. Unlike the STi/Evo/etc systems with transverse front engine drivetrains which have a front split bias.
Here is a clip of a Sound Performance Supra. (Big Supra tuners in Schaumburg. They are the ones who built Marko's white Supra, for anyone who has heard anything of the Chicago street racing scene.) Marko's was street legal, driveable, and would run low 9's I believe and he may have cracked 8's. This one has a turbo too big to be usefull for anything but the track but its damn cool....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROdOUhVjl1A
Thirdgen89GTA Wrote:I don't doubt that it can.

AWD wasn't disabled on that car. He definitely didn't know how to drive it, but I agree that he rolled into it. The Porsche AWD systems only engage the front wheels if the rear begin to slip, its a rear biased system. Unlike the STi/Evo/etc systems with transverse front engine drivetrains which have a front split bias.

If that is how they work, and they can be built to take some power then that is completely possible/probable and would explain why it looked like a RWD car leaving soft off of the line. I was/am not familiar with Porsche's drive train advancements.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sneak peak at Fast & Furious 4 Thirdgen89GTA 5 4,745 06-18-2008, 09:04 PM
Last Post: Tex
  This is why no matter how fast, the Jato always loses. Thirdgen89GTA 5 1,579 08-11-2007, 08:56 PM
Last Post: J-Dub
  Fast Truck UE-Maxx 33 5,701 03-13-2006, 09:09 PM
Last Post: maxximum_44
  2 Fast 2 Furious RCDad 1 1,722 07-23-2005, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Tex