• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
this is cool
the rc18r
http://forums.radiocontrolzone.com/showt...p?t=228135
[Image: body-off.jpg]
[Image: citroen.jpg]
[Image: mitsubishi.jpg]
RC18R
Part #20115 (Kamino), #20116 (Citroen), #20117 (Mitsubishi)
Suggested Retail: $289.99
Date Posted: 10.31.06

Team Associated’s exciting and wildly successful line of 1:18 scale trucks and buggies is about to explode with NEW and never-before-seen 18R RTRs!

You've seen the big boys having fun road/rally racing on TV Sunday mornings. Well, the new AE 18R Mitsubishi Lancer, Citroen Xsara, and the unique AE Kamino ground pounder will soon be burning up the track in your neighborhood back yards and local track!

There’s more! Shortly after Christmas AE will brighten up the New Year with more models to come. We have to keep these body styles secret, but let's just say you will be SHOCKED.

Just like their cousins the 18T, 18B and 18MT, everything is included--the transmitter, the car, motor, battery, and charger are all in the box at no extra cost. All you'll need to do is charge the included race pack, add eight double A’s and you are racing!

Features:
• Shorter a-arms, dogbones and camber/steering links
• AE AT Treaded Tires
• White narrow spoked racing wheels
• Molded tire inserts
• Choice of either Mitsubishi Lancer, Citroen Xsara or AE Kamino bodies in their own realistic race/rally liveries!
• Available in RTR form with standard hi-quality AE RTR electronics!
basically...lowered rc18t with higher body posts, a car body, and onroad tires and rims. Thats all that associated does, change the ever popular setup just a bit to make a whole nother car. imo the rc18b doesnt remind me of a buggy much. and this is cool but just basically the same. i bet all the guys running 8000kv mambas and 3s lipo will buy some of the road tires for speed runs.
expect to see some real offroad stuff from AE hitting the shelf around February Smile
Here is a link to my website-
http://www.czech-it-out-graphics.com
1/29/07 never forget....TTT Confusedalute:
Bringing old know-it-all blow hards back to reallity at a forum near you

"Always Imitated, Never Duplicated"
Quote:i bet all the guys running 8000kv mambas and 3s lipo will buy some of the road tires for speed runs.
and a body:banana:
10/8/1871- the great Chicago fire. Approximately 250 people were killed in the fire; 98,500 people were left homeless; 17,450 buildings were destroyed along with the original Emancipation Proclamation.
Chicago Local 281, protecting lives and property for over 100 years.
Lawn sprinklers save your grass, Fire sprinklers save your a$$
the "real stuff", is that a new 8th scale, and trug by chance
both Smile Smile Smile

are there any spy shots so far or anything like that, hey I noticed mayfield was running at the reedy truck race but not running one of your paint jobs, whatz up wit dat
well basically from what i have heard he is now running for upgrade, i dunno the jag bag would never call me back when i asked if he need bods for the truck nats. Supposedly there is some good money involved from them, which is prolly why gosch switched over also

No spy shots yet, RCPS finals will be the last race that the factory team TTR drivers will be running their buggies from then on they will be running the prototype AE car. There will be someone running one from the team at CRCRC so there will be picks by then. I have heard lots of good things already Smile

cool man, yeah I hope to go to the finals at least to watch one day, don't have the $$ to go any more than that
If the body looked more "scale" I'd be more interested...

I mean it's cool, but comon how many different versions of the same car can you come out with?
Tekno EB48.4 HobbyWing XR8 Sanwa M12
Ponch Wrote:If the body looked more "scale" I'd be more interested...

I mean it's cool, but comon how many different versions of the same car can you come out with?
Ask OFNA.Big Grin
lmao, yeah but its great to be able to buy 1 car, and basically buy some upgrades so you can make it into 3 different cars. I have always like the rally cars, I thought it would be cool race them in the dirt, then switch tires out and race them on the onroad track
note: shorter a-arms, drive axles

that's a pretty big difference. It's not like AE just thru onroad tires and body on it.
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965
they look cool, though I do wish the bodies were more accurate and detailed. But I guess it can be hard to get that detail with Lexan the smaller you go.
I wonder if its possible to make it a drifter, lol

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  am i cool yet =) cheesecake 16 2,368 07-05-2007, 05:07 PM
Last Post: Gforce