Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any love for the MBX4??
My buddy has one. Just wondering if they are still raced at all, parts available, worth anything?? You know. Parts compatible with the MBX5? Good price for a roller?

Thanks.
dont bother mbx5 R is coming out in August so u wont see anymore of those for awhile
Here is a link to my website-
http://www.czech-it-out-graphics.com
1/29/07 never forget....TTT Confusedalute:
Bringing old know-it-all blow hards back to reallity at a forum near you

"Always Imitated, Never Duplicated"
Mad love for the MBX4...maybe not the greatest racer anymore but you saw it bash!!

Obsessed F/X Custom Painted R/C Bodies
Whats it worth as a roller??
Depends on the condition...seems like they were on Ebay for $100-$125 or even more, but I haven't seen them around too much lately. Alot of MBX-5 parts interchange, but you may find arms getting hard to find. I was going to try modding the 5 arms to fit but never got around to it.

Is it a XR or anything?

I found a RR XR roller for $130 (just to give you an idea)

Good shape. Not great.... but not bad. Everything working, nothing stripped. Includes extras of just about everything, wheels, and tires.

But I think I may get more use out of a pool cue....... LoL I still don't know what I want to do reguardingthis RC thing. I could get at most 3 races in before college......
Just buy it ...put it all together...race it...then sell it to me for half of what you put into it when you leave for school.Big Grin

Oh you funny guy you. I am still weighing options to see if it worth it for me to get back into it right now. At first I really wanted to but I have a little less than a month before I go away to school. I have the buggy Tune offered me, and then I was offered a really good deal on the MBX4, nice steering servo, pretty good throttle servo, and a reciever pack. I would just need a motor for a fairly raceable vehicle, lots of spares, and wheels and tires. Or I can save the money from getting into racing, buy a pool cue, tank setup, and snake that I can take to college. I don't know. If I thought I could get $200-$250 for the RTR MBX4 in 3 or 4 weeks I could let that money out temporarily, but that is not guaranteed. If I could get the Storm ASAP, get it fairly raceable, and then either keep it or sell it for close to what I put into it then that would work. I don't know though seeing that I don't have a ride to the track for the next week and a half or so. That leaves 2 race days at most that I can run. I don't know if it is worth it the more I think of it.......
Obsessive R/C Wrote:Just buy it ...put it all together...race it...then sell it to me for half of what you put into it when you leave for school.Big Grin

LMFAO!!!!!

Dan.. I realy dont know what your debating other cars for.... Ya know tune gave you that deal because he felt sorry for you after that sob story you told ....
If i were him id tell ya to get bent... My 2.00 dollars
Dont mess wit my sig Line tune!
--Then follow the rules! haha!-- -Tune
Read what I just posted man. I think it explains it well. I can't afford to lose that money. I just can't. I was mostly just asking. I never meant to come accross as you obviously think that I have. Not my intent and my apologies. Just saying what I was offered and asking out of curiosity what it was worth. ORC was making a joke referring back to my revo......
And before you jump on me for saying selling the storm.... that would be if I didn't stay back in it during college. It would be offered back to Tune or someone else in my position for cheap. That is all. Hope I didn't give the wrong notion to anyone.....
Wow! Those post were made at the same time!

Dan i know your not tryin to be a d*ck... It just seemed alittle jerkish to me to thats all... Of course im for myself not tune.

If i were you, id buy the cheap toy car... And save my cash for the snake and pool cue. Cuz getting that much for a 3 model old buggy i think is dreaming
Indeed.
Hey now K2's (buggies) are still decent, Cory was kicking all forms of SP2 ass with one not too long ago.....lol

MBX4, I was gunna say....If you can snag one for about the same deal as Tune's, I'd grab it over the storm. IMO
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965
ok, maybe the K2 thing was exagerating a bit but he did kick ass more than a couple times...
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965
LOL! I know a good driver could win with one of those Hobbytown brand buggies... But theres no resale, Like dans lookin for ...
With a deal like Tunes, I don't need resale. That would be a "you sold it to me for $75, would you like it back for $60?" or pass it on to another racer who needs in for $75. I could pick up the roller MBX4 if I wanted with a lot of extras, really good servos, reciever pack, wheels and tires, add a radio I have, and all I would need is a motor. I could get that though for $150 before the motor. Add a $100 OS RG and that is $250. I would like to get about $200-$2XX back for it. It is not guaranteed though so I can't spend that much. You guys understand what I am saying??
I totally agree dan... Thats what i was tryin too say!
K2's are still bringing in a decent buck on resale too...good parts support also, whereas the MBX-4 has limited parts avalible since it's not in production anymore...alot of parts still fit from the 5 like out drives, diffs, cvd's, etc. but things like arms and knuckles are getting hard to find.

[Image: 000_0783.jpg]

[Image: bbash70.jpg]

[Image: 000_0821.jpg]
Angel (I just like messin' with his head)

lol!!! hard to bash if you cant get arms huh?
Is that a pool cue or a snake??
both!
LMFAO!!! And it flies!! I think I may have suffered brain damage. Anyone like to play pool?? It doesn't take batteries or nitro fuel.... or burn up glow plugs.....
I used to play almost nightly... When i was like 19 -20 yo... You could play for hours for like 4 dollars and hang out all night. Lots of broads in there too!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mugen Mbx4 Xr Works PMHOURS 9 2,865 01-11-2008, 04:20 AM
Last Post: PMHOURS
  I Love Snow revo_basher 27 4,071 01-22-2007, 10:06 AM
Last Post: AWFUL KANAWFUL
  Why I love my savage matt03gls 3 1,141 03-09-2006, 05:22 PM
Last Post: dirtguy90