Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Official Leisure Hours Raceways thread.
Ok guys ive been seeing like 2 new threads a day asking about leisure so lets try and organize a little bit and keep all the leisure hour questions in one thread so it can make it easier for new people to find info about the track. Please keep all posts on topic and none of those 4 page bs chats rocco lol jk.

All questions concerning Leisure Hours Raceway can be asked here. If your new to racing and have a few questions just post them up here and im sure you will get your answers about 5 minutes later. Please lets keep this on topic and make this a usefull thread to help new comers out and to allow even the advanced people to ask questions if needed. Posts your questions away Cool

Leisures website can be found here http://www.leisurehoursraceway.com/

And also here is a link to some general marshalling questions. It should answer most of the marshalling questions we have http://www.chitownrc.com/showthread.php?t=340
[Image: mich1iy1.jpg]
sounds good. good idea.

what should I get first a AMB personal transponder or a spektrum dx3?

thanks, kevin
Losi 8ight with v-spec[SIZE="4"]
[/SIZE]
My OPINION, personal transponder...less money ($80) and with more racers going DSM, getting an open freq was no problem racing yesterday (running JR XS3). But this really wasn't a question about the track.... Rolleyes :wavey:

edit...

You can retune to another freq with synth radio if needed. You're screwed if your track loaner transponder isn't in the rack when it's time to race because the last guy didn't put it back and now he's out there marshalling.
Either way you will be needing both so the choice is really yours on this one. Spektrum gives you the freedom to just turn on the radio and go but the transponder will allow you to just start your truck and go. Would you rather have to grab a house transponder or grab a frequency clip? I say get the transponder.
OK, here's my track related question within this thread.

Newcomer MT drivers, especially stock class Revo, what part of the track gives you the hardest time? I am struggling the most with the right line/speed at the last set of jumps prior to coming onto the front straight.
Good i idea mich, oh and ill try.
Dont mess wit my sig Line tune!
--Then follow the rules! haha!-- -Tune
DAVEC-NITRO-RS4 Wrote:OK, here's my track related question within this thread.

Newcomer MT drivers, especially stock class Revo, what part of the track gives you the hardest time? I am struggling the most with the right line/speed at the last set of jumps prior to coming onto the front straight.

Go wide and easy over the small bumps in the turn, then straighten out, as soon they end, hammer it and jump right over that triple Smile. You should be pointed so that when you hit the tripple, your towards the outside and land in the middle or inside. Regain your composure, easy on the throttle until round the corner good and get straight, then WOT down the front straight Smile.

Much easier to show than tell though. I'll be racing on the 29th. If you're there, I'll show you the line I aim for.
hey tune can you sticky this? You can delete this post once you read it. Woot 1400
There is quite a bit of LH talk on this forum, which I think will keep going upward as the race season progresses, especially when the summer hits and the outdoor track opens.

When V2.0 comes out, LH will have it's own forum, so you don't have LH threads cluttered everywhere or have to thumb through 50 pages to find an answer. Until that time comes though, I single stickied discussion thread sounds good to me. Request granted.
thanks tune and if people dont want to be reading through 50 posts they can ask a question again and again.
Mr. Tune Wrote:Go wide and easy over the small bumps in the turn, then straighten out, as soon they end, hammer it and jump right over that triple Smile. You should be pointed so that when you hit the tripple, your towards the outside and land in the middle or inside. Regain your composure, easy on the throttle until round the corner good and get straight, then WOT down the front straight Smile.

Much easier to show than tell though. I'll be racing on the 29th. If you're there, I'll show you the line I aim for.

I agree completely with Tune on this. Iake it slow through the rough section, go wide and punch it.

The part of the track that I have the biggest problem with is the Double/Triple, or Double/Double/Single, etc... The timing has to be just right to get the D/T, otherwise you have to take it as a D/D/S
I was having some trouble with that section also Dave. Right after the turn before that, you can drive on the bank right before the triple. The bank is smooth and gave me enough time to pick up speed to clear the triple. I wish I was able to get their earlier to practice some more because I was learning all this stuff in the middle of the main.

As for the jumps right after the main straight, during the main I gased sort of hard through the turn (made me powerslide through the turn) and just gased over the jumps to make sure I was level. I am going to try and go triple double. Also if you go on the far side of the jumps, it is less bumpy.
FS-Sportwerks 1/8 Hauler
I tried the "bank" line but couldn't get on line and always ended jumping back into the area to the right side....practice makes perfect I guess. At least now I know what to try for.

That D/T sectioin after the front straight. Forget it...I went down the left side at low throttle and just tried not to endo. I just wanted to be on my wheels getting ready for that next double! I know it cost time but saved paint on my roof....average time waiting for marshall versus going a little slower.....I take no crashing, please. And I noticed that prolly 75% of the racers who crash in that D/T area go on to crash on the next double!! Adrenaline I guess!
For the tripple before the straight... I go wide and then turn in and can clear it and be lined up perfect for the straight. If I go through too slow I double it and then roll the last one.

For the double tripple I generally clear the double fine and that depends on if I try the tripple or not. You are better just blipping the throttle to get through than force something and flip. The key is to get set up fo the next big double that goes up the hill so that you can get through that whole section fast and clean.

I always take the turn after the back straight kind of slow so that I am sey up for the table. If you try to save a second there you could screw yourself out of many more by hitting the table at a bad angle...

And good thread...
And what was everyone's lap times?? I was averaging about 36-37 second or so when not in trouble with a fast lap of about 34 seconds I believe... What killed me was a couple wrecks getting hit by others and getting flipped last. In one qualifier I sat on my lid so long that I died. Other than that slow was better than upside down.
My fastest lap time was I think 41. something. I had to take it slow in the turns because I had no steering radius. Then I asked someone and I think it had to do with the dual rates or the sub trim. I'm not sure.

Also does leisure hours post the results on their website/forum anywhere?
FS-Sportwerks 1/8 Hauler
they did yesterday for the trophy race but its not posted anymore. at least I cant see it anymore.
Losi 8ight with v-spec[SIZE="4"]
[/SIZE]
Results are on Leisure Hours Raceway site. Click the Race Results bar on the left side and it pops right up. All results going back to first weekend are there. Only mains, not qual's.
got paint?
Colors by Dave - CBD
1-29-07 ... you know.
Thanks Dave.
FS-Sportwerks 1/8 Hauler
FreeRideJunkie Wrote:And what was everyone's lap times?? I was averaging about 36-37 second or so when not in trouble with a fast lap of about 34 seconds I believe... What killed me was a couple wrecks getting hit by others and getting flipped last. In one qualifier I sat on my lid so long that I died. Other than that slow was better than upside down.

My fastest laps were 36.185 in BMain and 36.036 in AMain. Don't know from qual's?

Fastest lap from anyone in any main yesterday was Rusty, running a STOCK Revo with (I think) HB LSP tires, at 28.246 !!! Then next closest was a 33.077. Makes me wonder if there wasn't a shortcut in there somewhere Rolleyes Most MT fastlaps were 33-34's.
So many questions, where to start? I've never seen qualifiers run the way they do it at LHR, but I think I've read about it, is it the IFMAR qualifier, and if so what does it mean to "check in"? Next, does the track supply transponders, or is it required that you buy one? Finally, where on the front straight is the "loop" or AMB wire run? I couldn't make it out from where I was viewing on Sunday. BTW, thanks for this thread. It will really help me out. Later - DaveB
The loop as actually at the end of the back straight...
No wonder I couldn't find it...LOL :-)
db302 Wrote:So many questions, where to start? I've never seen qualifiers run the way they do it at LHR, but I think I've read about it, is it the IFMAR qualifier, and if so what does it mean to "check in"? Next, does the track supply transponders, or is it required that you buy one? Finally, where on the front straight is the "loop" or AMB wire run? I couldn't make it out from where I was viewing on Sunday. BTW, thanks for this thread. It will really help me out. Later - DaveB

Before the heat everyone is just warming up, driving around. Prior to starting the heat timer, they need each truck to pass over the wire, thereby checking in.

The track has rechargeable transponders they loan. Before your heat you check the sheet to see which number you are assigned for that heat. Find the unit and slap it in there. Then get on the track and warm up. Having a personal transponder eliminates this detail to remember. After your heat/race you immediately put the transponder back in the rack for the next racer who needs it.

I figured out the start/finish line was on the back straight but presumed it was in the middle somewhere. Now I know to race to the end!

Another guy I didn't meet Sunday! DaveB. Next time.
For my first qualifier I didn't now what checking in was either. I was listening though that he only had two people checked in and there were only two people driving on the track. So I passed the loop and he said I was checked in.
FS-Sportwerks 1/8 Hauler

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Official Kyosho Inferno GT Spec Class Thread Ponch 49 10,099 06-11-2007, 03:46 PM
Last Post: chicagokenji
  Leisure Hour Hobbies Helicopter Mondays! daven75 5 2,398 06-09-2007, 09:35 PM
Last Post: Eddie F
  Leisure Hours Raceway schedule mikeL 6 3,043 06-01-2007, 07:24 PM
Last Post: kevinF
  OMG sucky Hours for Out Door Nitro Abusive 73 14,014 05-31-2007, 06:23 PM
Last Post: Mr. Tune
  Leisure has New Forum? chicagokenji 1 1,751 05-22-2007, 10:20 PM
Last Post: Ponch
  My Truggy in f/s thread Rob Kass 0 1,603 02-26-2007, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Rob Kass
  New LHR Thread Ponch 12 3,201 01-31-2007, 11:09 PM
Last Post: Ponch
  Anyone racing at Leisure hours tonight? assocracer 1 1,719 01-27-2007, 06:50 PM
Last Post: moliver
  Banned From The Leisure Hours Site briyouu 6 2,645 09-06-2006, 05:30 PM
Last Post: briyouu
  The NEW racing at LH on 7/30 thread rocco79 19 2,941 08-01-2006, 09:10 PM
Last Post: rocco79