Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hyper 21 w/OS Carb
This is/was my back up engine. This is a non pullstart engine. It has less than a 1/2 gallon it, it was used 1 race weekend after break in and thats it. THe Hyper is a great strong engine, the problem with them is the carb. So the fix for it was putting on a OS 20E carb onto it. The carb alone is around 65.00

This engine can be yours for $80.00.

Let me know
A friend will help you move, but a REAL friend will help you move a body.
You get a new back-up ? =P
i agree that the engine is strong, and runs great with the 20E. i personally run one in my K3 and have had no issues with it, since I changed carbs it holds the tune perfectly.
Kanai K3
Kanai K2
LSP-R project
Tommy???
wow nobody needs a well kept inexpensive buggy engine....
i'm in the middle of another deal if we don't do it i'll def be hitting you up! wow that sounds bad!
IT'S ALL ABOUT THE PAIN; THE INK AND THE JEWELRY ARE JUST SOUVENIERS
squirrel Wrote:i'm in the middle of another deal if we don't do it i'll def be hitting you up! wow that sounds bad!

haha lol that does sound pretty wrong
Losi 8ight with v-spec[SIZE="4"]
[/SIZE]
I wish it wasnt bump start or I would do the .21 conversion to the revo for that price. Or I need to find a buyer for the ti skid... Or maybe I will just get a hand-held bump starter or something... I'm confused. Good deal though...
Buy a starter box and the engine
Dont mess wit my sig Line tune!
--Then follow the rules! haha!-- -Tune
Ok... one more time for those who haven't caught on from other threads reguarding bumpstart motors... I have the HCR Titanium skid which DOES NOT allow clearance for a starter box. Thus... a starter box does me no good. (Also the reason why a hand held one would work...)
Ok.... .. Why do you need a Ti. Skid for racing?!?!??! Take it off for the track!
That is a good idea but then how do I start the truck when I want to bash?? Or do I just throw the stock 2.5 back on?? Too bad I shaved down the plastic skids untill they were just little nubs sticking out. May not fare too well in a collision with the ground. Rather than kick the truck back up it would bury itself and flip... I don't know. I may go with a OS .21 RG-X with .21 conversion for the Revo... cheaper and more powerful than the TM. Plus I am hearing more and more complaints of blown TM's with low amounts of fuel through them. I dunno...
I dont have a revo so bear with me. . . . can that skid be modifed with a dremel toallow for a bump start??? OR just take it off and replace the parts you shaved down and just run it stock ????. I personally think a bump start motor is the way to go. If i could do it to the savage i would.
It is hard because the way the revo sits on the box it is not that it sticks too far out to the side... but there is an angled piece that connects the front and rear skid to the center skid... making it a one piece skid. The stock is 3 pieces. Therefore the truck cannot sit far enough down on the box to hit the wheel... I haven't had a chance to modify an old box to see if it works but that will be tried next week...
Just wack it with a hammer a few times! J/K......
LMAO!!! Too bad Titanium is so resiliant. It would bounce back for the most part even if I did. That is why they make fishing lures out of it now. I do plan on modifying a starter box in my metals class to work with the skid. I will probably end up using a vacuum cleaner belt to make it work. For the trophy race I think I am stuck with my air-leaky 2.5. That is not good... (I guess I could lean it out a little hoping for a little more power and if I fry it oh well. LoL
I really hate Hijackers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :vader: :vader:
:o: Sorry... could have answered in a PM I guess. (But If I did figure it out I would have bought it lo)
Sorry George......

A osRG.21 does not work on a revo unless it's the bumpstart version. The pullstart on those are too BIG. I don't understand why you would modify a $130 starter box because of a $75 skid you don't even need????

I would buy this motor (georges hyper 8 port) and a starter box and some new plastic skids and sell the HCR skid. Just my opinion... (if your serious about racing)
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965
I wouldn't modify the RD box. I have a duratrax box I am not using that I can mod...
The stock carb is included with it.

I just looked at it and it has a kyosho 3 shoe flywheel, 3 aluminum clutch shoes (tons of life left) and a 13t kyosho bell.

So this engine is basically ready to drop into a buggy just need to add airfilter.

Clutch set up is not included but will work nto deal if needed...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  .18 carb 2.2cav 1 1,252 08-08-2007, 09:56 PM
Last Post: 2.2cav
  WTB OS Carb Retainer MX_KEVIN 4 1,226 07-18-2007, 01:46 PM
Last Post: kevinF
  WTB: hyper 7 ackerman plate Meatwad 3 1,316 06-27-2007, 12:36 AM
Last Post: Savyboy
  Like new Hyper 7 buggy RTR moliver 37 4,994 05-21-2007, 01:32 AM
Last Post: Mr. Tune
  needed....carb restrictors. chickenfarmer3 1 912 05-13-2007, 12:07 AM
Last Post: 4wheelinrevo