Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trade Buggy for MT??
Right now I have a GS Storm with a Picco .26 and upgraded towers, rebuilt shocks, new body... RTR. I want to do more bashing and not really racing as I had originally intended. I just don't have the time or money to head out to the tracks. I would probably be looking to trade for a savage, maxx, revo, mgt, lst... I'm pretty open. I would also probably trade RTR for RTR or roller for roller. If anyone has any interest in this please let me know. You can PM me, email me, whatever you choose. Please try to include pics. (May be able to throw in a small amount of cash... I dunno) Also... if you would be at Berwyn it would be real easy to trade...

Thanks,
Dan

My e-mail: [email protected]

:joy:
Do you have pics? Interested, and going to the berwyn bash lol....I'd prolly want roller for roller, IDK....

My pics;

[Image: 100_0676.jpg]

[Image: 100_0677.jpg]

[Image: 100_0674.jpg]

But obviously, it wouldn't have wing, motor, servos, or battery pack.
Tekno EB48.4 HobbyWing XR8 Sanwa M12
I'll try to get some current pics up. I would be up for the roller for roller swap (Picco .26 will slide right in right?? And maybe swap clutch assemblies/pinion gears on the motors so we would have the correct gearing??) but I think I have one problem... it needs 3 servos and a 3 channel radio right?? I know for sure I have 2 servos and a 2 channel radio... I may just need to hunt down a cheap traxxas radio for now...
FreeRideJunkie Wrote:I'll try to get some current pics up. I would be up for the roller for roller swap (Picco .26 will slide right in right?? And maybe swap clutch assemblies/pinion gears on the motors so we would have the correct gearing??) but I think I have one problem... it needs 3 servos and a 3 channel radio right?? I know for sure I have 2 servos and a 2 channel radio... I may just need to hunt down a cheap traxxas radio for now...

I guess we could trade cb's, but I'm not giving up my alu clutch shoes lol..And no, becase I never installed reverse, you only need a 2 ch. radio and 2 servos.

I'm kinda stuck in the middle right now...No trade for sure yet. I want to see it in person and see what it can take before any final decisions, ok? Smile
That's fine (I'm pretty sure I have aluminum shoes in mine right now anywho) And I guess that would work out well that you didn't install reverse. How much is the reverse module seperately?? I also have no problem with waiting for you to see it run. I can understand seeing the problems a few people seemed to have with them. I opened that thread and my jaw kind of dropped. GS had a problem with there first batch of plastic and that's all I can imagine that happened to them. Oh well... I'll let you tool around with it at Berwyn.
That savage looks nice man, dont get rid of it!
Dont mess wit my sig Line tune!
--Then follow the rules! haha!-- -Tune
Reverse is about 30 I think, never real sure though. And then you got to get a cheapie servo. But as of now, you wouldn't be able to run reverse in my truck, because the place in the radio box where the reverse servo goes is taken up by the tank.
Gotcha... I probably wouldn't anyway. The tank is normally in the back right??
Yep.
Sav16 YGPM

Obsessed F/X Custom Painted R/C Bodies
Okay, guys, now let's not fight over my savvy...lol

Now I have your offer, FreeRide, and *someone* else's. You both will be at the berwyn bash, so I'll check them out then.
*Someone* or savage... do you mind if I ask what the other offer is?? Just kind of curious what else is being thrown out there. (And if I should bring any cash to bribe with... hehe) Like I said... just wondering.

Thanks,
Dan
I wasn't trying to step on anyones deal....if you guys don't work something out, then we can talk.

ORC... I would love to trade for the Savage as it is exactly what I need for what I run... but it is still his to trade. He is going to go for whatever is better for him. I was just curious what you offered up. Is there anyway you could let me know or are you keeping quiet??

Thanks
Dan
mbx 4 roller for roller.
Gotcha. It's a good deal if you can get parts for it. My buddy has one and I was absolutely in love with the thing (is that wrong??) but since mugen stopped making parts you need to rely on others who still have them. Pretty durable though.
Parts are still available. Alot of the stuff is carried over to the mbx5. You just have to research pn. to figure it out.

Like I said, I wasn't trying to kill your deal. I'm not that eager to get out of the buggy, I really like it. I wouldn't mind a picking up Savage as it's one I haven't owned yet.

The GS is a good buggy...I'd turn it into a truggy, then you won't want a M/T

The one reason I won't turn it into a Truggy is I hate the idea of the hub extenders. Maybe it's me being weird but I just don't like them. Plus I like the longer travel and overall look of a full bred MT. (Even if the Storm Truggy would be faster and handle better...)

Like I said too... I really like running buggy. I just think I would get more use abusing a MT than waiting to take the buggy to the track. Don't get me wrong... they can bash, but they need bigger tires to run stuff over. :-)
I'll have my savy at the bash also. I would rather sell it, not trade, but I am willing to go for like $425 for it.

DMAN
a new 4.6 kit cost $399

What do I get for $425?
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965
Yeah... I don't have that kind of cash just waiting around to get soent. I would rather trade or possibly through in a little bit of cash... nothing major. I just decided I would rather be able to run stuff over in a MT than rail through a corner in buggy. Just changed my mind...
I goit this truck with quite a few hopups already on it. Right now this is how it stands. The picco 26 motor is really the best thing this truck has ever seen. I don't think I've even had this thing in second gear seeing there is nowhere to really run it at those speeds around here. But it hauls a$$ for sure. It has tons of Integy parts: adjustable upper suspension arms, chassis braces, upright sets and castor blocks. It also has carbon fiber TVP's, aluminium fuel tank mounts, LST mounted shocks, and an aftermaket tuned chrome race pipe. I had this truck for about a year now. It came with a box of spare parts that I don't even think I've opened yet. I have also installed a roto start system on the .26 and I have run about ten tanks on the motor itself.

I will sell one set of the 7" hotbodies wheels with this truck along with a set of roadrage street tires and stock tires. I also have two extra bodies for this truck along with the stock body. One is the H2 hummer body custom painted and a 55 Chevy Nomad body with flames.

I will have all this stuff with me, along with the LST and mini-t at the bash. We can talk it over then, and like I said, I can move alittle on both trucks, just shoot me some offers. Thanks guys

Dustin
This is about where I am at... I will have my storm set up RTR and I will have a small amount of cash. I would like to get a MT and will trade RTR for RTR or roller for roller with cash when necessary. That's about it...
Rolleyes A Savage?? c'mon Tex....

like I said , I personally have nothing against savages. I'm not a savage guy a heart, I had a t-maxx, but I was just curious what came with the savy for $425. That's all

It's safe to say you all can count me out on buying the savage....just curious is all.
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  tt01 for trade jaf2424 0 5,083 09-17-2014, 05:30 PM
Last Post: jaf2424
  NEW Slash 4x4 for trade. TexMexSu 2 3,330 06-26-2011, 07:45 AM
Last Post: TexMexSu
  kyosho inferno gt2 for trade for gas or nitro boat grim digger 0 1,831 05-27-2010, 06:11 AM
Last Post: grim digger
  3 cars for sale or trade Dreday 13 4,893 05-10-2010, 01:51 PM
  Wanted trade/buy 3.3 tmaxx tranny spazzzattak 0 1,635 02-19-2010, 02:40 PM
Last Post: spazzzattak
  feeler- truggy/ buggy? Racin' Ranger1 0 1,501 01-13-2010, 03:26 AM
Last Post: Racin' Ranger1
  engines for sale or trade? sambo35 0 1,627 10-11-2009, 06:53 PM
Last Post: sambo35
  Ofna Comp Buggy tcase 1 1,714 09-28-2009, 10:51 PM
Last Post: tcase
  switching to onroad trade or sell the following r/c grim digger 3 2,033 07-29-2009, 01:04 PM
  FS or Trade: Traxxas T-maxx Aluminum RPM .18 EZ START Krosenqu 0 2,781 07-26-2009, 02:32 AM
Last Post: Krosenqu