Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RIP 94.7 The zone...
http://947zone.com/uc/

94.7 is no more.. not that I listen to the radio much because I use my Creative Zen Xtra 98% of the time but I just wonder what are they thinking killing off a pretty popular station like that.
-- John --
1:1.. 01 Z28 Camaro A4 Sure.. its stock.
1:8's.. K3, Inferno GT, and a straight line beater car
1:18.. RC18t Mamba and 3s lipo
ya i found that out yesterday. That sucks because they were a killer station who played all the new good rock music along with a lot of the old in there as well. They had a very good station. Now theres nothing on the radio
I only listened to the Zone in the mornings "90's at 9" w/JVO. Cause I cant stand MANCOW(pompous prick).
Yeah i liked the zone!!! But hey odies arent bad ethier.... Somtimes

Mancow is a Prick but i love him!
Dont mess wit my sig Line tune!
--Then follow the rules! haha!-- -Tune
It was a very sad day indeed

Obsessed F/X Custom Painted R/C Bodies
Did they even give any warning on the radio?? It was like all of a sudden... poof! And are they moving to another station or are they gone forever??

This sucks even more because Q101 is on shuffle now too... :-(
from what I've read no there was no warning.. tehy played "For Whome the Bell Tolls" at noon and that was the last song as the Zone.

in fact I found an article on it..

http://www.chicagotribune.com/services/n...&cset=true

and another article..

http://www.suntimes.com/output/feder/cst...der27.html
-- John --
Yeah...I had it on in the morning and then after lunch it was done!!

Obsessed F/X Custom Painted R/C Bodies
Well the Zone was the last good rock station since ROCK 103.5 back in the day. The Loop 97.9 has gotten better, but the will have a string of good rock then play Rush, ugh! Well R.I.P Zone!!

What about Sludge dosen't anybody care about Sludge he was a good DJ
Associated RC18T-stock
Traxxas E-Maxx-stock
Bandit R/C Racing Team
Spektrum DSM DX-3 System
Whether if your into bashing or into racing, R/C is still an obsession

Go Sox!!!!!
Yeah I was listening to the Zone when i painting my basement. For Whom the Bells toll cam on, cranked it up and then oldies came on. WTF !!!! The dial quickly moved over to Q101.
f@(k Q101. Nothing but a bunch of @$$ holes over there. Anytime i used to listen to them all they did was put down people for no apparent reason. Music was ok but i got tired of the heavy rock into the rap rock crap. Zone was definatly the best station and i think they should have stayed on the air.
someone posted this on another board from an email that Freak sent out.

"Hey all. . . . . .

I know this is a mass, impersonal e-mail but answering all of the mail would cut deeply into my drinking time but I did want to take the time to respond.

First of all, thanks for all the cool messages. I actually did read all of them as I added the return addresses to this list.

No, we didn't see this coming. While I called the shot back when WJMK (Oldies 104.7) went to Jack FM, seeing as the Zone is owned by Disney and Disney loves safe family radio, I thought we were good after a few weeks without switching. Turns out they were researching the idea first. They called me while I was on the train into downtown and cut me loose... just like that.

I'm not sure what I'll do next, probably lay low for a bit and get the farm ready for winter. I can always jump back in a chopper and do traffic or maybe some other station will switch formats to rock and give me a new home. Who knows.

I'll still turn up at concerts and I'll be hanging around the race tracks so if you see me I'll still drink a beer with you and shoot the shit a bit.

Till we drink again. . . . Thanks for listening.

Freak."

They fricken fired him on the phone while he was on the train to work!! thats just disrespectfull imo.
-- John --
Man that sucks.

Mich, chicago radio sucks to begin with. theres no good rock staions here to begin with.
You go up north and there are alot better stations out there. go down south are there are tons out there too.
There is one of Wisconsix 95.1, which is pretty decent, it you can get it tuned in.
that does suck about the zone and other stations that have changed format within the last year. I'm glad that I have xm radio in my truck.
"It tastes like burning"
Aww.

I was so fed up with all the commercials and talk on any and all radio stations that I had to get a sirius subscription.
I am forced to listen to RB/RAP all day in the office. God, I hate radio.

Anyone else have sirius or xm ? My fav station is Boombox 61.
I have XM. good thing to have on road trips.

favorite channel is Squizz 48
I have xm too. squizz (48) is great. Hell, one of the only reasons I got it, is because with the exception of 94.7, chicago radio only caters to oldies and rap. Where's the rock! The loop plays old stuff and Q101 plays junk most of the time. RIP 94.7 Sad. Looks like I'll be sticking to xm for a long time.
i've been looking at xm for a while now never really heard any reviews on it, and the best hookup in my car costs like $300 so i've been debating on getting it! now that 94.7 is gone i guess i'll have to get sirius about getting xm!! haha
IT'S ALL ABOUT THE PAIN; THE INK AND THE JEWELRY ARE JUST SOUVENIERS
US 99.5 I love my COUNTRY !!!
95.1 is a good station up in Kenosha. I listen to KNAC on the internet. "the loudest dot com on the web" They play a lot of great stuff like Metal Church, Savatage, Metallica, Disturbed and much much more. check it out.
got a URL for that station Satoch ?
http://www.knac.com
I listen to iTunes radio. It's free, a ton channels. One 10 sec commercial every now and again.
I use the 20 gigs of music off my MP3 player almost exclusivly in my car... when I'm workin... all the fricken time actually. I thought about XM but its still radio and there will still be a alot of songs that I'd not like on there... only difference iis no commercials.
-- John --

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The-rc-zone.com newsfeed t to the maxx2 1 753 02-21-2006, 07:21 AM
Last Post: Ponch