The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.3.3 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

ChitownRC
general revo discussion - Printable Version

+- ChitownRC (https://www.chitownrc.com)
+-- Forum: Main Forums (https://www.chitownrc.com/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Racers Forum (https://www.chitownrc.com/forum-9.html)
+--- Thread: general revo discussion (/thread-1492.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

general revo discussion - Tex - 12-19-2005

correct. Also take into account that different brands rate their servos different way as there is no set standard on testing and coming up with stats.

Hitec could have a .15sec 60degree transit time on their servos and Bluebird might be .10 secs but the hitec will seem faster when installed in your vehicle. That's just an example

I think JR servos "seem" faster than what they are rated. Futaba seem about what they are rated. Airtronics IMO seem a little slower than what they are rated.

You cannot go wrong with FUT9351 on steering and FUT9451 on th/br. Killer servos at about $80-90 each. (check site for stats http://www.futaba.com )

If you want to budget buy a little more the JR650z seems really fast installed at .17secs for $49 (142oz of torque)...(I just sold a used one in great shape for $30)

general revo discussion - Toughtrax - 12-20-2005

I just wanted to put this out there if any of you guys that have the revo wanted a pair of the Xwings that Tornado Racing was makeing or still is I have all the part numbers and can post them or send them to you so you can make your own and give them a try.

general revo discussion - destroy_my_revo_15 - 12-20-2005

what are xwings? :confused:

general revo discussion - Toughtrax - 12-20-2005

Xwings are front oneway shafts for the front axles. Kind of like a front oneway in a TC but there on each side in the axles

general revo discussion - FreeRideFrosty - 12-21-2005

O so like the quickturn but instead of in the frint driveshaft coming from the trans they are in each of the front driveshafts... why use 2 when one would accomplish the saome thing?? Just seems like more parts to break.

general revo discussion - Tex - 12-21-2005

does it help you retain front brakes?

general revo discussion - FreeRideFrosty - 12-22-2005

If it did wouldn't that defeat the purpose of the quickturn???

Tex any word on those wheels/tires???

general revo discussion - Tex - 12-22-2005

SOLD to destroy_my_revo, he picked them up last night

:-( alrighty. Thanks.

general revo discussion - Blown5.0 - 12-22-2005

I'm thinking of going to a single steering servo for my Revo and was wondering if a JR Z590M would work ok? I know there are better servos out there for this mod, but I have a brand new JR from my XS3 that I haven't used and is just sitting in the box. Let me know what you think.

general revo discussion - Tex - 12-22-2005

IMO, no it's not strong enough. you'll be going from 160oz to 85oz of torque.

general revo discussion - Mr. Tune - 12-22-2005

I wouldn't use that servo for the single servo conversion. It won't have enough torque. What I would do is put it in my pit box and keep as a spare incase of emergency Smile.

general revo discussion - FreeRideFrosty - 12-23-2005

Is someone at LH going to have a revo starter box that I could line up my revo on to see if/where the HCR titanium skidplate doesn't work with a starter box???

general revo discussion - Tex - 12-23-2005

yep, me....or Tune, or Ryan or a bunch of people. If they are planning to go that is.

general revo discussion - FreeRideFrosty - 12-23-2005

Allright awesome. Thanks. Because I am liking the idea of the P5 more and more (stupid power crazy me) and after looking at the HCR skid I can't see where it would hit. I am thinking that if it is small enough problem with the skid I will just modify it...

general revo discussion - FreeRideFrosty - 12-27-2005

Now for a wing mount... I was looking into the Tekno mount some more and it doesn't look as bad as I thought it did. I am worried about bending or breaking the rear body posts though. Has anyone had or heard of this problem after mounting a wing to the rear posts???

general revo discussion - Blown5.0 - 01-01-2006

I went with a single steering servo set up on my Revo and was wondering what side people prefer mounting thier servo on. I put mine on the motor side but wondered if the reciever side would have been a better choice? Of course this was after I had it mounted and adjusted I decide to have second thoughts. :crazy:

general revo discussion - Tex - 01-01-2006

either is fine..... I've ran it on both sides and I didn't notice a difference.

speaking of changes, I just installed set screws on every pillow ball and every pillow ball retainer cup. Now I won't have to tighten them every heat.

general revo discussion - Ponch - 01-01-2006

Tex Wrote:either is fine..... I've ran it on both sides and I didn't notice a difference.

speaking of changes, I just installed set screws on every pillow ball and every pillow ball retainer cup. Now I won't have to tighten them every heat.

Great idea tex, what did you do? just drill holes slightly smaller than the setscrews and thread them in?

general revo discussion - Blown5.0 - 01-01-2006

Sounds like a lot of work Tex.

general revo discussion - DAVEC-NITRO-RS4 - 01-01-2006

I used blue threadlock on the cups, but I haven't run it to see if they will stay tight. They should.

general revo discussion - Ponch - 01-01-2006

Actually, I just did the setscrew thing on the front, they're the only ones that loosen on me...It only took about 6 minutes per corner...Not too long as long as you already have the materials.

general revo discussion - Obsessive R/C - 01-01-2006

Blown5.0 Wrote:I went with a single steering servo set up on my Revo and was wondering what side people prefer mounting thier servo on. I put mine on the motor side but wondered if the reciever side would have been a better choice? Of course this was after I had it mounted and adjusted I decide to have second thoughts. :crazy:
I kept mine on the engine side thinking of balance to offset the battery wieght, but it may work opposite considering the wieght of the engine (BB application)...w/o a scale it would be hard to tell which side would be better.

general revo discussion - Tex - 01-01-2006

yep just drill a hole slightly smaller than the setscrew and screw them in until snug