The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.3.3 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

ChitownRC
Leisure Hours update. - Printable Version

+- ChitownRC (https://www.chitownrc.com)
+-- Forum: Main Forums (https://www.chitownrc.com/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Racers Forum (https://www.chitownrc.com/forum-9.html)
+--- Thread: Leisure Hours update. (/thread-821.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Leisure Hours update. - snakebite46 - 08-10-2005

Bernie's the MAN !!!!!!!!!!! More track experience than all of us combined. Keep up the good work Bernie and I'll see ya on Saturday. Anything I should bring with me ?

George, you in for the helping the Bern-bot out ?

Dominick, you racing anywhere this Sunday ?

Leisure Hours update. - Tex - 08-10-2005

lol @ Dom!

I think without any type of borders to hold RC's in the track we will have many problems like Eracer mentioned.

I'm glad the tubes hold your truck up Bruce, gives me a chance to get around you when you screw up.

We definitely should not build tracks around people who can't drive, making it easier for them to place higher.

If there is not going to be some sort of restraints to hold RC's back at the new track we are going to see alot of problems.

We either need tubes or boards, period. IMO

Leisure Hours update. - Eracer76 - 08-10-2005

I trust Bernie also, I just hope he has some secrete way to keep R/C's in there own lanes, otherwise we may see alot of broken R/C's from people crossing over into oncoming traffic :eek:

Leisure Hours update. - bubbacola - 08-10-2005

So you guys think a tube or a board is the only thing to mark the lanes. When I started racing in 85 we didn't have tubes we race in lane build into the grass. oh ya we didn't break parts hitting tubes. Like I said. wait and see what I do.
and it would take more then tubes to keep some of you guy in the lanes.

Leisure Hours update. - cemeb4dk - 08-10-2005

Bernie,

Ill be there once Best Buy comes and replaces my TV (they are suppose to be out between 7-9am).

Can you post the address or closest intersections so I can put it into my Nav so I can find it.

Hey can we all write our names on the bricks to show we help build it. Kinda like an everlasting memorial.......

You can sign the bottoms............ of the blocks

Leisure Hours update. - DAVEC-NITRO-RS4 - 08-10-2005

Mr. Tune Wrote:The new track is gonna be located across the street from this place...
http://www.challengepark.com

The directions on their site will guide you in with no problems Smile.

from earlier in the thread........

Leisure Hours update. - Tex - 08-10-2005

here's tiltyard on the east coast....astro turf in most spots separating lanes and boards in the occasional spot :joy:

I guess something like that would work Cool

Yes the til yard used astro turf. but on flat ground. I want to rise the grassy islands up. let the grassy island be the tube. you'll have to see it. a lot less broken parts

Leisure Hours update. - Notochord - 08-11-2005

how high will the little island things be??? and i was wondering im getting a brushless motor for my xxxt would i be able to run with the modified trucks. and do you think you could move the tracks maybe 50 miles north limo rides down there are kinda expensive lol jk

Leisure Hours update. - Tex - 08-11-2005

bubbacola Wrote:Yes the til yard used astro turf. but on flat ground. I want to rise the grassy islands up. let the grassy island be the tube. you'll have to see it. a lot less broken parts

raised grass islands would be top notch... Changing track layouts would suck though

Leisure Hours update. - satoch - 08-11-2005

Sounds like a great idea!!

They do that at Glitcher's on the back straight. Too bad they dug a bit too deep and you can't see your truck as you slide into the corner. A taller stand would've probably helped also.

Leisure Hours update. - dominick420 - 08-11-2005

not if the grassy islands are placed proper, they will never move. Wait till you guys see the track, it will all be clear to you and all I can tell you is you better brush your teeth , you'll be smiling when you peep this!!!

Leisure Hours update. - bubbacola - 08-12-2005

I'll be there by eight. If you have gloves I would being them. I have a few pair if you don't. The blocks are about 50 to 80 pounds each. See you guys tomorrow. Thanks again

Leisure Hours update. - bubbacola - 08-13-2005

7:09 .... it's raining here guys don't come. thanks

Leisure Hours update. - Mr. Tune - 08-13-2005

Bummer. I hope everyone else who's going checked the board before they left.

Leisure Hours update. - Notochord - 08-13-2005

that sucks

Leisure Hours update. - DAVEC-NITRO-RS4 - 08-13-2005

It's stopped in Naperville (11:15am) now. The sun is trying to peek through.

Leisure Hours update. - snakebite46 - 08-13-2005

Still crappy here in Chicago........But Fed-ex dropped off some stuff. I'll be busy for the afternoon anyways =)

Leisure Hours update. - bubbacola - 08-17-2005

George. Call me 8152526859

Leisure Hours update. - cemeb4dk - 08-17-2005

Bernie i will call you Thursday afternoon, got a busy morning at work. Believe it or not its not DEAD at work....

Leisure Hours update. - DAVEC-NITRO-RS4 - 08-18-2005

hahaha funeral home joke, I get it.....

But if you make enough noise at work will you raise the dead?

Did you put a lock on the doors because folks were dying to get in?

Leisure Hours update. - satoch - 08-18-2005

Is there no line this group won't cross...

Leisure Hours update. - Tex - 08-18-2005

was your face like this Smile when you just wrote that?

Or was it like thisSad ???

Hard to tell through a computer Smile

Leisure Hours update. - satoch - 08-18-2005

Dude, I was totally tongue in cheek...