The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.3.3 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

ChitownRC
general revo discussion - Printable Version

+- ChitownRC (https://www.chitownrc.com)
+-- Forum: Main Forums (https://www.chitownrc.com/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Racers Forum (https://www.chitownrc.com/forum-9.html)
+--- Thread: general revo discussion (/thread-1492.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

general revo discussion - Tex - 03-10-2006

mich makes every RC part he owns out to be the best thing in the world so don't get too excited guys.

general revo discussion - Michowski - 03-10-2006

now is the talk, sunday is the show.

general revo discussion - Michowski - 03-13-2006

Wow sunday was fun. My track ran awesome. Still a few problems with the new motor only because its still being broken in but other then that it ran awesome. My trucks gonna be DOA untill the new traxxas gear will be instock and untill I get my servo's back from airtronics for repairs.

general revo discussion - maxximum_44 - 03-13-2006

So, is that a thumbs up for the 3.3?

general revo discussion - Mr. Tune - 03-13-2006

My 2.5R outran his 3.3 Big Grin.

general revo discussion - DAVEC-NITRO-RS4 - 03-13-2006

Michowski Wrote:Wow sunday was fun. My track ran awesome. Still a few problems with the new motor only because its still being broken in but other then that it ran awesome. My trucks gonna be DOA untill the new traxxas gear will be instock and untill I get my servo's back from airtronics for repairs.
Steering servo?

steering and throttle. Having them both checked out and new wires soldered on for outdoor season. Gonna basically be brand new when i get them back for a few bucks.

Mr. Tune Wrote:My 2.5R outran his 3.3 Big Grin.

When?

Michowski Wrote:steering and throttle. Having them both checked out and new wires soldered on for outdoor season. Gonna basically be brand new when i get them back for a few bucks.

What exactly do they charge for that service? Just curious...

general revo discussion - Tex - 03-13-2006

the 3.3 looked fast but still the same tuning problems as the 2.5's from what I saw. Hard to tune correctly (kinda) and flameouts.

Traxxas should have came up with a new carb at the same time as the new motor IMO.

Mr. Tune Wrote:My 2.5R outran his 3.3 Big Grin.

The results are up at LHR site...as TQ you outran everyone in qualifying!!! Nice driving. What broke in your Amain?

DAVEC-NITRO-RS4 Wrote:What exactly do they charge for that service? Just curious...

Not sure, there gonna call me and tell me once they see what needs to be done.

I might add it only had 4 tanks on it comming into this race so dont be so judgemental yet. Any motor can act like mine if its being broken in. I ran into the mistake of running the os carb also and then my thermo insulator went bad. Stock traxxas carb for me from now on. Once I got it tuned with that carb it ran 210 all day long. Never flamed out once when it was tuned right. Still running it rich untill i get about a half gallon through it. Next time is gonna be better once I get more fuel through it and am comfortable leaning it out a lot.

I'm on the same page as you mich, I understand it is still in break in stages and motor are tempermental at that stage.
I was just stating what I witnessed first hand. Smile

its cool. Its funny because my 2.5r ran perfect from the first drop of fuel and never once flamed out. 3.3 only had problems once I got to the track lol. O well, its gonna get better. Thanks for helping tune it during my qualifier.

Im gonna be trying a new setup on my truck next time i swap out my diffs. I was confused if traxxas used 1000 weight diff oil or 10000 weight oil. Ended up finding out they used 10000 weight so now thats gonna be my front diff and 5000 in the rear. Im really curious to see how that works.

general revo discussion - destroy_my_revo_15 - 03-13-2006

im such a noob at this whole thing....lol how long should i wait to put a good tune on it?

Well you can start tuning it for performance after the break in is complete but I usually dont lean it out for max performance untill i got about a half gallon on it. I only do this because its still a fresh motor and I want it to be more lubricated at the start.

general revo discussion - destroy_my_revo_15 - 03-13-2006

gotcha thanks dude. and thanks yesterday for all the pointers. dont worry i wont change my setup right before the main!

no problem

Michowski Wrote:............I want it to be more lubricated at the start.

Too easy......:eek:

well duh. No other way to say it tho.

I just love messin' wit ya though! You know it's love, right?

Glad to hear/read that the new engine is looking promising. Wish I could afford the servo you're offering. Budgets, sheesh!!! Maybe after I get my tax refund....

mich you have the worst motor luck it seems (always have). tell me why anyone should listen to your methods? j/k dude.........

Tex Wrote:mich you have the worst motor luck it seems (always have). tell me why anyone should listen to your methods? j/k dude.........

I had great luck with the 2.5r, os .18's, and my current 2.5r. 3.3 is still brand new practically so im not worried about it yet.